Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on this pipe with this jet kit (k/n filter, jets, etc) and it runs and sounds great! As you guys know I switched to the 26 MudLites... those guys that I ride with on Polaris's...getting dogged by them is now history and I can out-mud and out-climb them.

Quick question - the reccomended jet size on the pipe and kit instructions was smaller than the stock jet size. we weren't sure about this so we left the stock size on at first. my rinny had a major miss when idling and rev'ing a little. we put the smaller jet on there and now it runs perfect. any thoughts on that?

Thanks as always.

O'G - '05 Rincon, green, 26 Mudlites, ITP CSeries, Big Gun Sport Utility Pipe, DynoJet, K/N Filter, Warn bumper ... more to come

·
Registered
280 Posts
The DynoJet jet that come in your kit is tappered differently that the stock jet. The jet needle is tapered differently than the stock needle. You will still
get more fuel, and better atomization of the fuel, with the DynoJets than with the stock jet, even though they look smaller in diameter. DynoJet puts a lot of research time and effort into these jets. They make sure that they work.

I had the same question about 10 years ago when I did my first rejet job on
a motorcycle. I called DynoJet and this is what they told me. I believe it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that makes sense. I talked to the guy at Honda and he said that if the pipe is a quiet pipe, which I think my Big Gun Sport Utility series is, then you will probably go down a jet. So then I talked to the guy at BigGun and he said that was weird and he wasn't sure...he assumed you would go up a jet size. The jet kit didn't even have a jet size bigger than stock, but you are right, the needle is tapered differently.

My thing is, the bike won't idle now without dying. I am thinking I just need to adjust the idle but the guy at Big Gun said I need a bigger pilot jet.

Any thoughts on that? Very confused.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The idle mixture screw needs to be adjusted. The final setting could be anywhere between two and three turns out. Most who have jetted their Rinnys
that I know have ended up between 2 3/4 and 3 turns.

Also, no one I know has needed to change the pilot jet.

How does it idle when cold? If it idles fine when cold, then dies as it warms
up, it is too rich. Turn the idle mixture screw in. If it won't idle cold but idles fine as it warms up, it is too lean. Turn the screw out. 1/4 of a turn can
have a big effect.

If it runs good at 1/4 to full throttle, you do not have to change the main jet at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts