Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new to the site. Still trying to figure out how to use it. Lol. I've had my rincon for about a year now and love it. I thought about going to a bigger tire and was wondering if the big red gear reduction was still a good idea. I've seen where several people had it but were older post. Is everyone still liking it?

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Yes, still like mine. Think it was probably the best mod I did to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have any problems out of the auto feature?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The gear reduction works great. It has put the power back. Not only for the mud riding but for hauling wood, plowing, hauling boats etc. It has been flawless for the 3 years i have had it in my quad.

Definitely worth the money if you plan on going 27's or bigger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I do a lot of riding in the mud and my next set of tires are gonna be bigger. I was just worried about the auto shift feature mostly. What is the auto shift module?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It does through the auto mode off. There is a plug-n-play to fix. Not sure who it's from. I would rather shift my self.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Did you have any problems out of the auto feature?
Yeah, when I first did it, the auto didn't shift at the right times, so I just started using the ESP, and used it like that for a couple years. Then I bought myself a new Can Am and kept the Rincon for relatives to use, and I wasn't comfortable with them (the younger ones) shifting when it was necessary so I bought the Plug & Play Honda Auto shift from Rapid Revolutions and that restored the Auto Shift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, when I first did it, the auto didn't shift at the right times, so I just started using the ESP, and used it like that for a couple years. Then I bought myself a new Can Am and kept the Rincon for relatives to use, and I wasn't comfortable with them (the younger ones) shifting when it was necessary so I bought the Plug & Play Honda Auto shift from Rapid Revolutions and that restored the Auto Shift.
Everybody I know with a rincon is buying a can am. I rode one and it was nice. The power was awesome. I just really like my rincon.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I own a can-am and still prefer my Rincon over it.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
I like my can am ok, the power is awesome (1000XT), but I never had to take my Rincon back to the dealer for warranty work. My can am has been in 4 times (twice for the PS and twice for water pump leaking).

I am far from impressed with BRP's customer care. They seem to stamp 90% of warranty claims as rider abuse or normal wear & tare.

I swore that I would never buy another can am because of their behavior towards their customers, but the 2015 lineup is suppose to include the new 1000 6X6, which I would really like to have. So I am torn between my convictions and my desires. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts