Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. I have a honda big red side by side and when riding it today it is like the transmission went into neutral and will not go into gear. We shut it off for a while and started it back up and it would go for about a hundred feet and then it would just rev way up and act like it was not in gear. Now all it does when we start it up is rev way up and it will not move or go into gear. Idles very high rpm in neutral, reverse or drive. Any advice.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have you checked the oil?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil is fine my rincon would rev up really high like that and it was the iacv valve, but it would still go into gear The big red revs really high but won't go into gear

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Those are the symptoms of low oil. I know you said that the oil is fine, but humor me and check it again (been there, done that and if I hadn't my Rincon would still be sitting in the garage). Good Luck.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those are the symptoms of low oil. I know you said that the oil is fine, but humor me and check it again (been there, done that and if I hadn't my Rincon would still be sitting in the garage). Good Luck.
Same with me, that's why I asked. Gotta make sure its warm when you check.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Is it reving high because you were giving gas when it went out of gear or reving high on its own when in neutral?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We actually took the transmission out and found out that the chain that drives the oil pump was slipping so I am doing a engine overhaul. Been die hard honda fan all my life but this is a 2010 big red with low hours and I just put $2000 in my 08 rincon. Getting frustrated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts