Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's, I'm new to the forum's.... I just bought a 05 black Rincon and had a question about the Factory black rims. My dealer has a set of these that someone ordered and never picked up. He is willing to swap these for the silver ones that came with my machine, but I was wondering, Do these scratch easier than the silver one's ??. I think the black rims would look tough with the black plastic..

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
well, its like this,,, i suspect that they both scratch just as easy as the other,,, its just that with the black your going to realy notice it...

I dont realy know for sure as I have never actually touched a stock rim before...

·
Registered
800 Posts
stock rims is the onily way i can go. i have a step side truck with a bead liner in it. all the aftermarket rims the offset is wider than stock. my rinny just barely fits in lol. you might want to check out ebay there is always dealers selling stock wheels and tires that came off a bike before it hit the showroom floor real cheep.i was on ebay today looking at getting a backup set of rims+tires. saw a set of tires and wheels brand new black off a grizzly for 125$ that's a good price for a set of tires and wheels. i passed on them because i am looking at silver ones. i would make the dealer put the black ones on to see what they look like before you make the deal. just 1 guys view

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a set of both the black and silver stock Rincon rims. The black definitely look worse when they get banged up. The black chips off. I prefer the look of the silver rims on my green Rincon. It also seems odd that for 2004 Honda put the silver rims on as standard equipment.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they are anodized, they shouldn't chip ??.
Thanks for the info guy's. I pick it up today, so I'll have to make up my mind pretty quick.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anyone has a set of stock black rims and you want to get rid of them sometime, let me know. I would be interested. Does anyone make an aftermarket black rim?

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
I am interested too...let the bidding begin. Prefer a fresh set.

·
Registered
800 Posts
well what ever you decide to do post some photos for us. a black rincon with black rims, just can't pitcher that in my head. i think i would like to see how that looks.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
My rincon is all black. I don't have a camera handy, I'll try to get some pics posted this weekend.

ITP makes it's "C" series wheels in black. They are new so time will tell how they hold up??

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an 03 Green with the black rims and they have several scratches on the and there still black! Even the scratches show up as black metal which leads me to believe that its not a coating but rather the metal itself is black, just like whitehead suggested.

·
Registered
121 Posts
No- I've got black ones on my 2003, and have scraped a few rocks and they are definitely aluminum under. I could prpbably post a pic if you'd like

·
Registered
224 Posts
Redrincon9, I agree with you. My black rims scratched very easily and there is silver aluminum under the black. I will try to post pictures also.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'll get one tommorrow for you, my camera's disk is not working, gotta go to wally world tommorrow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Some of the guys on this site have gone to aftermarket rims, I'm not real big on the idea, they look awesome, but it is just another change to the design those little japanese guys worked on so hard. I've been seeing all the different posts about the issues different people have had, I do have mudlites but on stock rims, I've got two Rincon's so, I have to spread the money between 2 and a Harley-Davidson, and two kids. The other comment i have is, when I ride they usually get very muddy and you can't tell the differnce in what they look like then anyway, so what is the point.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here is the pic of the black wheels you were asking about, I'm not sure what i hit, can't remember, probably rubbed on some boulders somewhere

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
If anyone is interested,

http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4513008294&fromMakeTrack=true

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry i joined this on a bit late. Have an '04 Rincon that i redid in all black. Here is a pic. Those are the black C series. No silver showing through on them to date, and it has been 6 months or so.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DRock, Looks like your tires give more protection to the rims than stock tires though. I'm just leaving the silver for now, I'm sure I'll need new tires by spring so I'll look around and go with a different set up then.
By the way...looks good..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts