Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to pruchace a new set of wheels / tires. Debating the Pros and Cons of different wheels:

So far this is what i have come up with:

C-series:
Pros - look good, lighter (about 3-4 lbs a wheel), no rusting
Cons - expensive (about $24 a wheel more)

Steel:
Pros - cheaper, stronger?
Cons - heavier, rusting

Looking for input - for my riding style, i think i am going with 26" Dirt Devils. Which wheel would you go with. As far as cost, i am looking at $462 for black steel, and $558 for C-series. This includes caps, lugs and shipping. Good price?

Only real unanswered questions, are the delta steels all black, or black center and chrome walls? And are the steel wheels stronger than aluminum?

As always, thanks for the input - and if this has come up before in a thread, please point me to it - search did not find what i was looking for

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
The C-Series wheel is amazingly strong. I had a set on my Grizzly and beat the living crap out of them on rocky trails for almost two years and about 3000 miles. I sold them and the remains of the tires off to a friend near Lake Tahoe with a Rincon. He loves 'em. The wheels got dinged up but were still true.

I personally would rather have the aluminum ones... but that's just me.

If you don't have to have black, check the Classifieds section here... somebody has a set of four regular C-Series for $275 shipped. Great price!

Rob

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw those, and thought about it. But after i get the tires, caps, lugs, and have them mounted, it would have been more expensive.

I think my biggest question at the moment is if the steel wheels are all black, or black and chrome. If you noticed, i am kinda set on an all black wheel...
Thought about painting the entire rinny all black, that would be amusing... but i doubt it would be durable... unless i use black plasti-coat.... ut-ohh, i might have an idea here... and thats scary...

The durability of the aluminum was an issue, too. going to be easier to ding them up, but then again, if i ding the steel, i have to worry about rust. ahhh, why do i have to over analyze everything i do... damn engineers...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dave,
I have the aluminum C-series for my Rincon. I chose them due to weight issues, and the possiblity of rust with the steel.

John

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dave,
I got mine from www.4atvtires.com. Good price and fast service.

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John, the more i think about it the more i am leaning toward the Black C-series.

I had checked out 4atvtires.com (ATV Direct). They are $42 more expensive, and that did not include shipping. Moreover, they do not list black C-series as an option for rims.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Also check out www.atvnorth.com and www.atvoutfitters.net

The latter is closer to you so shipping should be cheaper. I've used both and recommend both. In fact, if you use ATV Outfitters, mention my name... probably won't get you or me anything, but will help them know that I recommend them. :)

Rob

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ATV North came out to $613 plus shipping, and ATV Outfitters was $561 plus shipping.

A bit more expensive than the $558 i found including shipping.

However, i did find some better prices on skid plates. Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If it helps any, check my profile pics for pics of the Black C-Series on Mudlites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts