Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The black plastic on my 05 Rincon seems to scratch if I even look at it wrong. I have tried just about every product I can think of to get the scratches out. I use a micro fiber cloth and it even scratches. The plastic seems really soft. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Are you talking about on the fenders or just below on the pod?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the black plastic (except the flares), fenders, tank cover, side panels, etc. It's a black 05 Rincon.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
I suggest painting it green, then when it gets dull it only looks better.

Actually, the black looks great when new, they should have used black wheels and racks also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, it looks great from 6 feet away but even the dealer was having a fit trying to get it ready for delivery. I should have bought a red or green one.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Don't sweat it. My friends looked a lot better after it reached a uniform dull appearance. A little mud and a few washes and she'll be fine. It stands out from the crowd also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you're right. It's not a show vehicle by any means! It's just getting to that uniform dull appearance. Maybe after the january archery pig hunt!

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
archery pig hunt ! you all got wild pigs down there ? and shoot em with arrows ?

holy shite ! we just feed em a little tequila and take em into a back room where im frum...

I only just got into bow hunting this year... didnt get a chance to shoot at anything...thinking I'll go turkey hunting in october...

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
I shot a big pig in eastern, Tennesee. She was a mean lady and the tequilla did not work. My 44 magnum, which worked so well for Dirty Harry, struck it in the front sholder and just pissed the dam thing off. And it knew where the bullet started from. Good thing my buddy had a 45-70 lever action to save my ass with. Use a big dam arrow and sit in a tree.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We hunt both javalina and russian hogs. Both are mean critters but the javalina are a lot smaller. no trees to sit in where we hunt, just lots of cactus, jumping cholla and mesquite bushes. Lot's of mountain lion track last year and even found a FRESH lion kill. You could see where this pig ran it's ass off trying to get away from the lion but in the end the pig was dinner. In Arizona you can buy an over the counter lion tag for $10.00. You have to keep on your toes though when bow hunting.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
I have been wanting to shoot a kitty.

·
Registered
800 Posts
anyone who has ever owened a black car or truck knows just how you feel. having owened 3 black trucks i know were your comming from. do what i do try to onily look at it either in the shade or at night lol. (black) in the sun you see every little scrach and speck of dirt, in the shade it looks brand new.keep it covered in mud and moving and you should be all set lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know, my wife keeps telling me to quit buying black vehicles but I just can't help it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
try about 1000 grit sand paper and then a heat gun. that will get rid of the scratches and make it look better (but not new).

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I have a Black Truck and a Black Rinny. Silveradoman nailed it. It's just part of owning a black vehicle. I keep both of mine pretty clean, but scratches are pretty much unavoidable. The truck I try to get detailed once a year. I do that to try and keep the paint from fading. I have some pretty good marks on the Rinny. I'm not going after the plactic with sandpaper or a heat gun, I just know where that would end up. Short of the plastics cracking, I'm planning on letting them be. She's not a showroom bike, although she is a garage queen. A few battle scars add to her character.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a black 2005 as well and has quite a few scratches but not worth trying to do anything about them mostly used for hunting in ga. anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts