Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my shiny new Rincon out for some break-in miles last night. Felt pretty good...a little slower than I expected but that just leaves room for tinkering. When I got home and decided to wash it, I noticed that I had already lost 3 of the little button fasteners that hold the body together. Is this a common problem? Do I need to purchase an entire bag of these things and replace them weekly? It was a really easy ride...no rubbing on trees...no jumping...nada. I'm a little surprised. Any simmilar experiences or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, ~Ross

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds strange to me. I have taken every one of mine out for one reason or another, and still have all of the originals. My buddy has lost 3 or 4 of them, but that was after his brother rolled it down a hill...

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Could they have been missing from the dealer?... I noticed mine was missing one when I purchased it and the dealer put one in on the spot.

I have never had one fall out... I have ripped them out, but only because I got a little to close to a tree.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They are not known for falling out. Go to Hondapartsworld.com They will send you a bag cheap. Make sure you pick the option in which they mail by US Mail or you'll get dinged for an expensive UPS charge!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I ride a lot of brush country on a ranch in west Texas. 750 miles since December. Never lost one nor have I seen much complaining here about it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Buy a bag of them. And then of course, you will never lose another one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've never lost one on any of my last four machines; 1996 Foreman 400, 2001 Rancher ES 4x4, 2002 Rubicon, and now a 2003 Rincon. My guess is they weren't full seated right from the get go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bought a bag of them from Service Honda and, as predicted, I haven't lost one since. Must've been a fluke or loose from the dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts