Honda Rincon Forum banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
I just ordered my gears from the local Honda shop here, $200.53, probably a little too much, but by the time I paid shipping it probably wouldn't be a whole lot cheaper. /CFIDE/scripts/ajax/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/confused_smile.gif

But I got to tell you, I really wish you guys would quit finding mods that I have to do, I really can't afford them.

They told me it would only take a few days to get them here, but I will be happy if they are here in 10 days.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just priced everything on Hondapartsdirect.com and it came to just under $130 shipped.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
I agree with you Chief!!! They are going to have to stop this shit!!! LOL!!!! I am waiting to see how DS's turns out before I buy them. Maybe I will con him into helping me do mine. /CFIDE/scripts/ajax/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
ok I finally got around to doing this. I got everything tore down and swapped the gears and not its time to re-install.
Need help on the main shaft. How did yall get the front shaft to "pop" back into the shaft. I had a buddy hold the driveshaft while I push the main shaft into place on the case. I keeps pushing everything forward..
One more thing - Did yall take out the neutral indicator in the main case? If so did everything line up ok? I could not get mine out of the case.
Can't wait. I got a top speed before and now going to get a after soon.
Thanks
Shane

·
Registered
54 Posts
Whitecon put some grease on the shaft and o-ring. Yes I didtake the neutral indicator out the o-ring is holding it in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Be sure it is in neutral

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
AS far as the main shaft, I pushed mine in while holding thefront driveshaft. Didn't have any problem with that. The biggest problem I had is the gear shift pack. Make damn sure you do that by the book. I broke my shift drum by rushing.

As far as the gear postion switch goes, you need to pull it out. You need to put the gearshift drum in neutral so the switch will slide in there.

Here is how the shift drum need to look before you put the case back on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Finger got stuck on add reply

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
thanks guys. I put oil on the o-ring. I will try grease tonite.
The gear indicator is hard as @#^ to remove. I will try again tonight.

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I took care of 4 or 5 of those replys for ya Ron.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glad to see I am not the only one that had a hard time with it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks 03rin need all the help I can get.

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
Well, I had to order the gearshift drum and it should be in by Friday. Hopefully it will be done this weekend if all goes well.

Here is the part I broke. Guys, be sure you have the shifter drum and related parts set right!!!!! Learn from my mistakes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
DS- Did you forget to set the spring loaded bar and then put it all back together and try to jam it into gear?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Ok I'm done!!! it is together and I should be able to ride a little tmrw night depending on the weather. It is raining here. I thought the front shaft went further in the shaft than it did.
DS - U must have banged on the case pretty hard to break that. I hate that for you. I saw what you were talking about the shift drum assembly beeing confusing!!!
A big shout out to you guys on here.
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I have one more set of gears and will be doing an install on another install next week. I will try to document and take pictures of the gearsets for people who will be doing this. The location and which gears I was replacing took a moment to figure out. No one has shown pictures of that yet. Anyone in the Columbus, Ga area is more than welcome to come and hang out and drank a beer while this install is taking place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
The rain has stopped so I am definetly putting the subframe back in tonite and riding. I am curious to see the top end difference and the auto deal. Will post tonite!

81 - 100 of 130 Posts