121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Keep us posted and good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
Allright guys, the install went flawless this time! Went on a short test drive (my son had just laid down for the night) and OMG, what a difference. I did a wheelie on wet grass and shifted into 2nd without standing up and pulling back. It'll shift in auto from 1st to 2nd just fine, but 2nd to 3rd is very late. I knew that coming in though. ESP will be used for the high speed rides. Marvin1313 showed up and witnessed the 1st to 2nd shift. Notice he showed up after the work was done!!! lol Mike.

I'm gonna test it out for a longer tiime tomorow, I was afraid the neighbor down the road was gonna call the cops tonight and I've been driniking. I left the bottom skid plate off so I can let it sit overnight and check for oil leaks.

I have a video uploading to PB right now that I made that shows you how to set the shifter right so you don't break anything. Once I had it set right, It was a big eye opener. Too easy, I was just in too much of a hurry when I broke my parts. I know exactly what I did wrong, so I'm gonna do my best to make sure nobody else does it. Expect a walk-through in the next few days. It won't be as through as Trailtoads he is working on now, but it will help some guys in the meantime.

A special thanks to Trailtoad, Ronniemc, and everyone else that helped me.

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
well DS i get mine done today also it was very simple as long as you take your time there is nothing to it i will be glad to help anyone i can if they need it
i did mine without removing the starter or moving the front diff
and yes it makes a big diffs. in the bike the only thing now is waiting for Dynatek or someone to make a rev box for the efi bikes

·
Registered
218 Posts
hey just wondering if anyone knows anyone in Minnesota that has does this? i live up by duluth mn. seeing if anyone near could give me a hand. or has the manual i could borrow for a weekend to use and get some tips from them. Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
just ordered my parts and service manual..paid just over $130.00 for parts and $54.00 for service manual. hope it goes well!

121 - 130 of 130 Posts