Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1005 rincon with 7128 miles and 635 hours. Not long ago I was riding and I use Manuel shifting always. I was in third gear getting on the throttle hard. Somewhere around 40 miles MPH it shifted into second gear by its self I came real close to finding out what it would be like to have a 650 cc motor blow up while I was sitting on it. the gear indicator was blinking and I could not shift up or down. I had to stop turn it off with the key and restart it. shifting also happens in first gear up into to second gear. I ride many expert trails and when I need the power to climb a steep hill it will decide to kick into 2nd. I have the manual and it is silent, speaking only of certified Honda dealerships and loads of cash. Any clues? This only happens when I give it hard throttle and always into 2nd gear.

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
The shift blinks tell the fault, what happened is it went into limp mode (2nd gear) because there was a fault in the transmission or drive line. Next time it does it, stop, count the blinks, usually 1 or 2 long and then a few short blinks, Report back with your findings or grab a service manual to identify the area causing the trouble code. Make sure it is topped up with the correct oil (Transmission uses the engine oil)

·
Registered
445 Posts
^^^ what he said. However, as for blowing up, haha, I have bounced a many off the rev limiter quite a bit, these really are one of the best engines Honda ever designed imo!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ultratec
1 - 3 of 3 Posts