Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy Guys!
The rear brake on my Rincon started to do some noise so I decided to check them, they are done 4800Km on the pad. I should say that was always in mud and water so I guest that's not to bad. Whent to the dealer for new pad they want 155.00$ can plus tax, so I started to look at other option I found out that a guy about one hour from my home remanufacture them,so I when ahead and call him about my brake he told me come see me with your old pad.Whent a his shop, he had all the stuff to rebuilt them,he finnally did them and only charge me 20.00$ for the material.I installed them back on today and everything is working fine,the only down side is that they wont last as long as the original because his stuff had less copper in it.I'll just rebuilt them again whenever it's time.I was piss off when I called Honda parts world and they told me they didn't bother to ship in Canada, I guess they don't realize the potential buyer's up here or simply just don't care.Had a better service from Highlifter when I ordered my Detroit locker.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What about Service Honda in Indiana? I just checked and they want $32.97 US for the factory Honda rear brake pad set 06435-HN8-006. Can't imagine why they would be so expensive up your way. You sure the dealer knew what he was looking up? Sounds like you could buy the whole caliper for that much.

You could also try Dennis Kirk or All Terrain Charlies Canada. They have them for even less. You surely have others to order from too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hy Topgun!
At first that's what I figure that my dealer had made a mistake with the price so I whent and double check with one of my friend that work there and that was the price for the pad.You would'nt believe the difference in price for parts in Canada and U.S. . Thank You for the other place you gave me I will check tommorow,I also check for after market pad and I can't get them yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The aftermarket has pads for your Rincon. Any dealer should be able to get them for you. Down here, Parts Unlimited is one distributor, also know as Dennis Kirk to the retail market. In Canada, they are known as Parts Canada. Sounds like it is time to find another dealer. Actually, if you go with aftermarket, any dealer should be able to get you pads for your machine. Would not have to sell Honda quads.

I personally have purchased parts from Snow City in Toronto. They sell Honda so maybe they could give you a price and save you the cross border shipping. All these places have website with contact info. Just do a google search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts