Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new rincon owner, what is the proper way to break a new one in. I want to do it right. thanks for all the help

·
Registered
264 Posts
Has there been anything done about the aweful hard starting of the Rincon? Every thing Honda I have ever owned(Pumps,Generators,etc) have all been hard to start. I had two Suzuki's and never had a hard start problem!. I f Suzuki made an automatic tranny without a belt, I would trade tommorow.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I've always broken in atvs, cars, trucks, whatever, the way I am going to drive them. I drive them fast so I break them in fast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hay, pwillie, will it hurt you to pull out the choke? All Hondas are calibrated to get the best fuel economy and have a lean start.It is normal to have to choke a Honda, even when it is around 70 deg. to get them to start the first time.I know, cus I'v owned about 1/2 doz honda products and about 1/2 doz honda quads ets and all like to be choked. GET USED TO IT and quit putting Hondas down for sutch a petty little thing.

Ride safe. Bushcrasher.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bushcrasher,it wouldn't hurt you to take a "crash course" in diplomacy! I have owned a lot of Honda products,and they all are hard to start.Chokes,plugs,etc.,Suzuki will be my next ride,period.

·
Registered
85 Posts
"Ride it like you stole it...."

I like the way you think mudchucker. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
hmm... my honda starts on the first crank... even in -20 temps... I have to choke it but once its running I can push in the choke within a few seconds...I should mention that my excellent running rincon wasnt always like this, the day I installed my HMF utility was the day the rincon was reborn...

·
Premium Member
8,128 Posts
Only two golden rules to remember. 1-avoid extended full throttle riding and 2- vary the engine RPM as you break it in, some slow, medium, and fast riding. Then change the oil at 100 miles.

I would ride it like I still owed some money on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts