Honda Rincon Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A lot of work for new shocks......
(I think the Stock shocks look more substantial.)
Not going to recommend them at this point..

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
I would be curious as to what Bronco says about those cover/shields and why they were installed with the open end facing up. Even more curious about the rebuild capability.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Still waiting on Bronco

Will summit another request to the Company today

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Better image to show why it cracked

It filled up with crap and had no option but to split open.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I would be curious as to what Bronco says about those cover/shields and why they were installed with the open end facing up. Even more curious about the rebuild capability.
From Bronco

"Subject:RE: Bronco Contact Form
Thanks for contacting Bronco ATV. Removing the plastic sleeve should be no issue.
When mounted the shocks do appear upside down as shown below. Unfortunately our stickers are placed upside down also.
Just install as the OEM shock you took off was and you will be ok.
Thanks
Bronco ATV

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hattrick300 went riding this weekend on his 2005 Rincon with Bronco shocks. I sent him a text asking how he liked them. His response was "get the Elka's if you plan on keeping your Rincon for a while"

So I guess I'm going to pony up a G and get the Elkas.

I also emailed Bronco asking why their website says "TRX680 Rubicon" and they said it was the same as a Rincon. So I'm not too confident in the Bronco folks.

Reactions: bfraser and Oilcan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hattrick300 went riding this weekend on his 2005 Rincon with Bronco shocks. I sent him a text asking how he liked them. His response was "get the Elka's if you plan on keeping your Rincon for a while"

So I guess I'm going to pony up a G and get the Elkas.

I also emailed Bronco asking why their website says "TRX680 Rubicon" and they said it was the same as a Rincon. So I'm not too confident in the Bronco folks.
Recently purchased some shocks via Monster Performance For my 2018 Rincon... turned out to be the Bronco shocks...I noted the same comcerns as stated earlier in this post...

Rear Shocks.... The plastic sleeves are open and the rear Rincon sit inverted... I noted the remove rear stock shocks had sleeves too, but they had a floating seal that help to seal the sleeve to the shock housing to clearly reduce debris from getting trapped, but I also noted the end of the sleeve had 4ea 1/4 holes drilled near the Bottom (by the flagged face). Obviously to allow any accumulated moister to drain out... I’m a bigger guy that wanted wanted a stiffer ride. It did that, plus added a solid 2” of lift with the ATV sitting static. I’m in to more trail riding, minus the mud, so the open sleeve is not a concern at this time.

Front Shocks... did not fit my 2018 Rincon, even though wed site stated they are a replacement for my OEM Honda part number. Length and was a match, but for my mfg year, both ends of the shock needed to be balled, like the rear shocks.. and on the Bronco shocks the end that connected to the swing arm had a bracket instead.... the Springs on the Bronco Shocks are notably stiffer then the stock springs... toying with the idea of swapping those springs over to the stock springs.... in the mean time, I installed a High Lifter spring spacer on Front shocks... it stiffened and lifted up the front end, but not to the point the rear is, thus my notion to use the stiffer springs...

Overall, rides better than how I started out... but I’m in a level of agreement... could have picked up some preloaded Elkas 4 set for about $600 new, thinking that would have been a better option.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts