Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the exception of usual wear and tear.. has anyone snapped an axle on there rincon yet ?

I was just told that I dont want to put 12 inch rubber all the way around nor do I want 27 x 12 at all because I'll twist off axels... now I know the yamahas are good at this, Ive seen it first hand,,, but the rincon ?

Currently I have 26x12x12 and 26x10x12 on ITP aluminum rims...I sliced open the front tires on some ice over the weekend and I *was* thinking about upgrading.

could some one please debunk this for me...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have 2 extra 26x12x12's if ya want.... Dunno about the axles..I don't "THINK" there is enough torque there to do it....

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I had 27x12x12 Mudlites for a while and had no problems. I even tried to help a neighbor move a tree he had cutdown. This was a big tree, we hooked to the back of my Rincon and I had it in 4wd hit the gas and it just strained didn't move an inch. If it ever was going to snap and axle that would have been the time but nope. I think the torque converter will slip before you would snap an axle. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mjpjr45... that pretty much sums it up doesnt it... tied it to a stationary object, pinned it... and nuttin happend... good enough for me...

dont suppose if anyone knows if the amount of load on the system has any bearing on the oil pressure and the 'o' rings in the transmission ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
another thing you need to think about when it comes to breaking axles is bouncing the front front end and letting it hit hard while there is still power to the front end. Axles do break this way I have seen it happen several times but not on a rincon.

·
Registered
280 Posts
After seeing many Grizzlies snap their axles, I am glad the Rini slips it's trany under heavy load. Better to get off and say "Sorry, can't do it" than have to replace axles. Once again, the Honda engineers knew what they were doing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I bent my trailer hitch (whatever ya wanna call it) last weekend pulling a Prairie outta the mud. No problems snapping axles. I had to tug on it HARD a few times with a snap strap and no bad noises.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey ya tweeked your ball..........lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
I broke my front axle a while back while climbing a hill at my house. I blame it on the highlifter lift i had on there. I put in a new shaft and new boots and took the lift off. Now it rides so much better adn the front axles are at alot better angles. I would not reccomend putting a lift on a rincon. (they rid so damn ruff)

·
Registered
409 Posts
A lot of busted cv joints are ruined when being pulled out of heavy mud. If the wheels are turned, you are pulling the wheel against the mud and can pop the cv joint bearings out of socket. Make sure you keep the wheels straight when being pulled out of thick heavy mud.

·
Registered
14 Posts
28x12x12 Mud Sharks on all four corners of a stock Rincon, no problems! Never had the wheels not be able to turn over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts