Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Rincon for about 14 months, and had nothing but problems with it from day one! Popping, stalling, making a strange whirling noise on cold start up...the list goes on. My dealer was clueless, and Honda...what a joke. They more or less told me to sue them. Well I did them one better. Traded in the Rincon for a Brute Force! Team Green all the way!!!! I still have a Honda Rancher, which I must admit has been a good wheeler, but as far as Honda and thier ability to build a Big Dog machine, that's a joke. They better do alot of homework, and work on thier PR department. I will never buy another Honda again. And for you guys that are still trying to make the Rincon a Big Dog machine...give it up, the Brute Force is Big Dog and it does it with...well, BRUTE FORCE!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well I rode a Brute yesterday and the build quality didn't impress me much. Even after riding it I wasn't blown away. It was strong down low but still wasn't what I was expecting after all the Hype.

Didn't seem much different than the old p650 to me but it was brand new and I don't like the style or quality anywhere near as much as Honda's. Also the engine braking didn't seem as strong as the Prairie 700s. As I would really have to get on the brakes hard to slow the quad as the p700 I tried seem to slow itself down quicker. The comfort was also down I felt and didn't like the seat as good as the Rincon's.

Also note I have seen several problems on the forums with the Brute shredding belts from two different owners, overheating and I really noticed my left leg was getting toasty fast after only a few minutes of test riding yesterday.

So I don't know, its still up in the air to me but there was not much I liked about it on the first impression. And the power is supposed to be the main selling point of this thing and I wasn't blown away by it either. I have had a p650 in the past and didn't like it either really but it was strong like the Brute. But how much low end do you need?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My brother has a new Brure Force, cant make it thru 3" of mudd, it's wheels just spin!!! I dont think he will keep it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just kidding about my last post. I just dont see how you can be so high on Big Green when you have not owned the machine long emough to break it in( I assume you just got it). Will you let us know if and when your new machine developes problems??? When you get 600 miles on it with no problems then come to the Rincon Forum and say "Team Green all the way".

Good luck with your new machine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll be the first to admit the Rincon is not perfect, but there's also not a machine on the market currently that I'd trade it for. In fact, I was all hyped up after reading about the Brute Force in the wheeler magazines and actually had the money in hand to get one when they first hit the market. But after seeing one in person, there was no way I was gonna dump that kind of money on one. I don't doubt the Brute Force is a good machine, but it lacks underfender rock/water/mud protection, which makes the radiator, wiring, etc. highly vulnerable to damage, the fender pockets are an absolute joke, the plastic fit/finish/quality was subpar, and most of all, IMHO, they're just plain butt ugly.

There's already a bunch of guys reporting problems with their Brute Forces overheating, missing at low speeds, and shearing bolts, so I wouldn't be so quick to praise "Team Green" until you have a few hundred miles under your belt.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the Suzuki King Quad 700 with EFI. If it's anywhere near as good as it looks on paper, it very well may be my next purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Oh yeah... the Brute Force is a POS because it can't go through 3" of mud on its wimpy-ass stock tires. That makes a lot of sense.

BTW, the Suzuki King Quad 700 EFI is the exact same machine as a Brute Force 750 but with a different motor and different plastic. The chassis is identical.

Rob

·
Registered
71 Posts
From what I heard there is nothing the same about the Brute and the King Quad. All the specs I've seen indicate two totally different bikes.

I am not saying the Brute is bad. Heck I was sitting on the fence between it and a Rincon. I wanted one more test ride on the Rincon after the Brute test. Unfortunatley I didn't make it to the Honda dealer as there was a wreck and traffic was held up.

I didn't go to either dealer today and the one I rode was actually just sold and they let me ride it in the lot before they came to pick it up. I mean everything I said is true IMO. Everyones's is different but I don't think any bikes have the Honda build finish and quality. Thats just Honda but they are lemons in them all.

I'm sure the Brute is a fun bike to ride and would be even more so after the brake in. AtvAction magazine loved the bike and gave a rave review. I think my biggest concer was the belt shredding reports and the heating issues. My leg was HOT only after a short test.
I have been told by owners of both it does not ride as well or as smooth as a Rincon or handle as well. What does? I could proabably get used to it though I was basing my report on a first impression ride and for the money I was expecting alittle better fit and finish from Kawai.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Come on, the King Quad and the Brute Force don't even list the same specs, so how can they have the same chasis? The Brute Force has more ground clearance, but the Suzuki is wider and longer. The seat heights are also different on the spec sheets I've seen. This isn't the same type of situation as the Prairie 700 vs Twin Peaks.

If you took the time to read HighcapGlock's second post you'd see he was kidding about the BF's ability to go through 3" of mud. Someone get up on the wrong side of the bed?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll call your Brute Force and raise you one Rincon. If you can't Ride Red, your're better off dead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scooter, good luck with your Brute Force. It seems that you got one of the few bad apples from Honda. As you are familar with this and other sites you will note that the vast majority enjoy their very reliable Rincons, such as myself. It is unfortunate that your dealer and Honda Inc. apparently gave you the shaft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

Went riding yesterday with the Brute Force, and 3" of mud....I was in a foot or better, pulled on the yellow diff lock lever, hit the gas, and holy shit hang on!!! This thing is an animal! No popping, no weird noise, no stalling going up hills. Oh how I love the low range! will pull the **** out of the statue of liberty!!! You guys are right, time will tell how reliable it is, and I can not bitch about that with Honda, thier machines, well most of them are reliable. And yes there is not much coverage in the fender areas of the Brute, but when I got home and took the hose to it, it is much easier to clean! One thing you really have to get adjusted to is the front-end wanting to come off the ground. Can get a little scary. Rob, I am with you. Probably the biggest reason I jumped ship was because of Honda's piss poor attitude when it came to PR and problems...and then I saw the 05 Rincon, and it is the SAME?????? They really need to read some of the post on this site!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My brother just rode ALL the big utes at Cyclefest in Copper Mtn. Colorado. He has always been 100% Honda. After Riding my Rincon last year he was sold on the irs. He was all set to get the Rinny until he rode the new King Quad. He said NOTHING compared to it. He wasn't sure if the other manufacturers(Honda, Kawa, Yamaha, Polaris, Bombod) had adjusted the carbs for altitude, but he said the King Quad had instant acceleration)e.f.i.), not tippy at all and rode better than a Rincon! Now, he's gonna go to Suzuki.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was hot to go on the Suzuki King Quad,until I read the specs,it has belt drive transmission,and I will go back to shiffting rather than have any thing with a belt. My only regret with my Rincon,is that It would be much better if it was fuel injected!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts