Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the advantages of the Can Am foot pegs? Do they bolted in or require some additional modification to Rincon parts? Is there a part number to order from OEM? How much? Any disadvantages to having them on a Rincon? I'm hoping someone here has the answers; I see them mentioned quite a bit. Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Shadontt- JCooperpcola has a set, he told me they are for 2009-2012 800/1000 Outlanders and Renegades. I think they will bolt on with minor or no modifications the existing peg. I am sure JCooperpcola will give you some feed back as well maybe a picture or two if he has them mounted up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I knew he had them, been following his build up but he didn't elaborate on the fitting of them so I thought I'd ask "all" who read the threads here! But thanks for the make and year data, I missed that part.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My brother and I both did the can am footpegs and we love them. I think everyone on here will agree that in order for Honda to keep the quality up and the price down, they scrimp on bolt ons and other stuff like tires, no bumpers, etc. unlike some of the other ATV manufacturers, and the stock foot pegs are no exception. The Can am ones are aluminum, not steel, have a wider platform, way more aggressive teeth (def not riding barefoot) are longer, and come up at the end so you can put your foot against during hard cornering. We got them for $40 per set new on ebay. No mod necessary to anything on the wheeler. The footpegs need one hole drilled bigger, 1 new hole drilled, and about 1" taken off the inside of each foot peg with a dremmel. Fun little project and they outperform the stock ones tremendously as well as they look so much more bad ass. I'll post pics shortly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good mod! Way better than stock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info! I'll start looking for a set!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I paid $40 for my set. Finally mounted them today. Compared to what I am used to riding on these are a much needed improvement. Had to redrill one hole. I still have floorboards to build from expanded metal so this is temporary. Waiting on Partzilla to refund payment for their offcolor plastics and waiting on my new wheels and tires then will build the floorboards.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
learn to be happy with what you have..this is way over the top.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
I ran theese on my 2010 800R and they are great pegs to use with big boots. I wouldn't run them if you ride in sandles or barefoot.

·
Registered
634 Posts
learn to be happy with what you have..this is way over the top.

What Honda offers SuCKS...... I canf be happy with 32" tires less than six inches from my feet and piece of shit footpegs that dont let you grip for nothing.

Very good upgrade! I have been on a few rides now and I really like these pegs. No slipping on them even when they fill up with mud. I ride in Crocs and no discomfort.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
You spent alot and finally got a Honda, now you're hell bent on changing every minute detail that made it a Honda. Then when your finished with your 'project' like most you discover you've created a POS and sell it for nothing, exit the recreation or start the process all over with a 'better' brand...that's the typical mod protocol..I'd advise you to nip it in the bud while you can..a 'upgraded' footpeg is clearly frivolous.

·
Registered
634 Posts
No, I built what I wanted. Its still a Honda. I am very happy with it so far. The only thing frivilous is your thinking. Its called modification. Look it up.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Anybody can "bob" in a pond.
Personally I think you killed a Rincon.
I'd kick your ass on any circuit requiring skill and speed.

Your "modifications" are getting you how many trophies?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey, he still has all the stock parts!!!! :p Ok, to each his own. We have to respect every ones interest. Us trail guy's cant be to critical, we learn something from the swamp people. Look how they water proof there machines. With out them we would not know all those tricks. Plus, when I run across these dudes on my trail ride, its a riot watching them go. Just feel sorry for them when its time to wash am up.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Now children. If you don't have anything nice to say....

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
You spent alot and finally got a Honda, now you're hell bent on changing every minute detail that made it a Honda. Then when your finished with your 'project' like most you discover you've created a POS and sell it for nothing, exit the recreation or start the process all over with a 'better' brand...that's the typical mod protocol..I'd advise you to nip it in the bud while you can..a 'upgraded' footpeg is clearly frivolous.

in all the years here, until this thread I've never heard or thought of the foot pegs as inadequate..my statement above is pretty much spot-on.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Thread on foot pegs. Check. Thread goes south over foot pegs. Check. All I can say, is Really?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts