Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gettin to the point where I have to tap the wire for on off. From what I have read the accessory plug is the best option. How do I do it and what color is it.

I have a 2003 Rincon

Thanks

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
take off the plastic in front of the handlebars, its the plastic covering the radiator cap, there you will find the wires coming from the accessory plug, slice the covering very carefully, there you will find a few wires I cant remember how many, use thewhite wire with black stripe, slice off the insulation of it and tap into it , then solder and seal it back up, should be good to go then:)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the one coming out of accessory plug and there were 2 wires one green and one black and white???

Were am I going wrong here????

·
Registered
257 Posts
Your not just take your tester with key on and poke one of the wires to see witch one is hot. Then strip the wire about a 1/2" take your tester and push a hole in the middle of that wire. Then strip off about 3/4" to 1" of the wire you are hooking up and push it threw that hole you made then twist them together and solder them up then some black tape and as good as new.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I cant remember what wire I used I thought it was red, sorry about the confusion I know I seen it on here somewhere .

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
The wire you need is the white with a black stripe on it..:)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah white with black stripe thats what Im seeing. Second question I have a Red wire coming off Warn Rocker switch and one comeing off of Wireless Contactor (Warn XT 30) can I splice those two then splice them into my accessory plug???

Thanks for all the help I just about got this whooped i Hope : )

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
If you want, you can splice a piece of wire onto the bk/whi wire and use a water proof bullet connector and a fuse holder, then solder and srink tube the other side of the fuse to the wires for both the wireless receiver and the handlebar switch...

It could be handy to be able to disconnect things from that wire, in the event you need to take the meter pod off. Also although the accessory socket is fused, as I recall the fuse is a bit large to protect the winch switch.

For easier access, you can also unhook the accessory socket wire from the main harness down by the fender...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it done. I never soldered before so it wasnt pretty but I got it all together and just wrapped everything good with electrical tape.

Winch works as does wireless remote, I have no mechanical skills whatsoever and I mounted a Warn XT 30 by myself so if any novices are reading this dont be afraid to try it yourself.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ummm, i used the big pink one comming off the handlebars on my 2007, is that wrong? cuz it seems to work fine..

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I mounted both the contactor and the wireless remote unit (XT30 Winch) on the back of the air box, what a mass of wire left over to wrap up.

maxmo

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
Google is a great place to find your answer... or youtube.... Here they explain wiring in a fuse box (recommend for the Rincon to be up above and behind the rad). Loads of room. You can buy 2 circuit, 4 or more fuse box. For winch and other accessories always include an inline fuse. Here they show you how on a SxS but the principal is the same.
(9) How to Wire UTV Accessories - Installing a Fuse Box - YouTube

·
Registered
20 Posts
Google is a great place to find your answer... or youtube.... Here they explain wiring in a fuse box (recommend for the Rincon to be up above and behind the rad). Loads of room. You can buy 2 circuit, 4 or more fuse box. For winch and other accessories always include an inline fuse. Here they show you how on a SxS but the principal is the same.
(9) How to Wire UTV Accessories - Installing a Fuse Box - YouTube
Thank you ! very interesting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts