Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is basically not too important but i feel i need to vent and it might be a good story to listen to or compare to for the other members. Well first off my rincon is back at the dealer for the 7th time now for the same problem lack of power and doesnt like to go forward or in reverse. Well thanks to this site I was able to bring it to their attention that my o-rings are bad. They agreed and told me that honda will warranty it and it will only take 1 day to fix the problem. Well while they were attempting to replace the o-rings it turns out that they are saying my oil pump is bad due to slight debris in the casing. I disagree with them I feel that the pump burned up and that is there excuse to cover their ass because it is a problem that shoudl have been taken care of a long time ago. Well after fighting them they said that they wont warranty it but will replace it out of good will. I am glad that there replacing it for me but I cant deal with their hassle anymore, just to get a good running quad whichI paid for in full in cash to them it is like pulling teeth with my bare hands. Now on this past Friday my friend that works for there parts department told me that the oil pump came in and the quad is supposed to be done on this past Monday. Well it is now 2 days past that and I finally decided to call the service dept. and this guy that answers the phone that I absolutely wish would fall off the face of the earth cause he is the most stupid person I ever had to deal with in my life and tells me my quad wont be done till next week cause the parts just came in this morn. I was so mad I just hung up the phone. I am going to go there tomorrow but I felt i shoudl have to put this here today because I had to vent a lil. And all I want to know is ... does anyone else have these problems?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'd be more surprised to find someone that doesn't have problems. No matter. It's safe to say that even if they don't yet, they will.

·
Registered
371 Posts
YES! It doesn't matter what type of service dept. your dealing with either. ATV, auto, truck etc., their all the same. My truck service dept. actually makes my atv dealer look brilliant. They basically fall into two catagories. (1) they don't have the knowledge to fix your problems or (2) they just don't give a shit. Since they already have the parts, hold your tounge and let them fix it. Then find another dealer or start fixing it yourself. BTW, nobody likes "cash" money anymore. They want you to finance it so they get around a 2% or more kickback from the finance company. My wife is a finance manager.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry! I forgot that one. I did see the stoned a couple times.

·
Registered
280 Posts
MC/ATV Mechanics - if they are any good, they work for a racing team, or have gotten a good job outside the ATV industry, or are in business for themselves. Dealers don't hire good wrench jockeys, because they refuse to pay a decent wage to get the good ones. I used to work for a MC dealer. I was hired as a prep man, to uncrate, clean, and assemble MC. Within 2 months they had me in the
service dept. fixing customer vehicles. I had NO training, NO experience, NO knowledge, but they did it anyway. After 6 months I had gotten pretty good at
normal repairs and service, but they refused to give me a regular mechanics wage so I quit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts