Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this oil ok in the Rincon? It will be between 20 and 50degrees when I go upstate in a few weeks. This oil is pink and says easy start on the bottle. Thanks guys

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ultratec,
If it is energy conserving, then it is NOT good for the Rincon. I use Rotella synthetic in 5w-40 which is good. It was developed for diesels and works well in gas engines, including ATV's. It is better than car oils for ATV's and motorcycles since the oil is changed frequently. It actually protects better than car oil. I had quite an extensive conversation with a lubrication engineer about this oil. It is about $12.00 agallon at Walmart.

John

·
Administrator
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John, This oil is sold just for atv's wet clutch. It doesnt say energy conserving. Was wondering if any guys use it in these temperature ranges 20-50. I would like a better oil for our tranny isues along w/ a better price. The manual says 10w 40 was recommended for 0 - 100 degress, or something like that.. It seems that nobody in this forum uses this weight oil????

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ultrex,
I thought I read where 5W-40 was acceptable. ther are quite a few using the Rotella synthetic.

John

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use the Rotella also and so far what little cold weather we have had here in Ohio has not effected it at all.

I can start up cold and take right out without any tranny problems at all.

I have read many threads here where regular oil in a cold rinny will cause tranny problems until warmed up for at least 5 minutes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You won't regret it.

There was a noticeable difference in the transmission when I changed over to Rotella. Suddenly the transmission shifted so smoothly that when in Auto mode it is hard to tell when it does shift and can barely feel it even when I do the shifting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use Rotella T 5w40 synthetic in every vehicle I own.. including 2 ATVs (rinny and Z400), a motorcycle, my riding mower and my Nissan Titan.

I change the oil every 6 months.. it's still honey colored when I change it.. hardley looks broken down at all.

Compared to my buddy who uses Yamilube.. that stuff is like coffee after a month of riding.

·
Administrator
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well.... I will try that.. At $12 a gallon for quality as well you cant go wrong.. Thanks Men!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts