Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few vids I got a few weeks ago, just though I would show them to you guys. The guys on Highlifter really liked them.

Right click and click SAVE TARGET AS.
Here are the two of me racing my friends Rincon on the gravel.
Race 1 In this one my friend got the jump because I can get NO traction whatsoever on gravel under 45 mph. After that I blew him away on my top end.
Race 2 Here is a video of me in a creek where the hole is about headlight deep, completely SAND bottom, and I have my stock bald tires. I eventually did get out of this hole, but my friend had already put the camera away when I got out.
Me in Creek

·
Registered
121 Posts
awesome videos. Top speed is 64? I think once my 2004 is broken in it'll hit that maybe.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Great videos ! Thanks for posting. I just figured out my $150 Kodak digital camera does similar video clips very well so I plan to do some videos next time I'm out. Keep them coming.

The video with you in the creek was cool. Can't believe how you were climbing all over the machine. We're you concerned about the ATV taking off while you were bouncing around on the front end ? Was the water moving because of the rear tire spinning or the muffler bubbling water ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
And a few more questions.

Have you done any of the recommended mods for going in deep water that I've seen in the forum ? Did you have any problems with stalling while in the water ? Did you have any problems or do any maintenance once you got it out of the water ?

All this will help me to push my Rincon to new limits with calculated risk and required preparation.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you go to Yellow650rincon's website he has some incredible information. Thanks by the way. He shows how to reroute the carb vent lines, I am doing this today and will let you know the results. I have had mine in water up to the seat, and it does not like it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi YellowRINCON650!

Good video! It would be nice to see more like that.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
cool -- especially the mudhole -- incredible how you were climbing all over the bike -- what would have happened if it had grabbed?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Woodman, I do that to get the front tires to bite. As you could see, the bike was crooked as it sat in the creek. When I stand on the front, it helps the tires bite. Even though my tires don't bite shit anyway. There was nothing for them to suddenly "grab" onto anyway. I suppose if it ever did I would get tossed off the back. lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yella what in tha H*LL have you done to that bike to make it RIP like that I got 26 in Mudlites on mine and it will only do 55mph with 43 miles on it.Gone

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Those are cool. I've been in the same situation with the creek. I was doing the same thing climbing all over it. Finally caught traction and got out. Thanks for posting the vids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts