Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Here it goes I'm going to stir this pot one more time .I have read several threads on this noise problem. They talk about camshafts,bearings lifters,ect. The one I would most likely belive is the one reguading the oil being pump to the torque convertor as I have heard a very similar sound while draining the oil from my rincons as I raise the front end slightly to get more oil out.I have never gotten a straight answer from any dealers that I have talk to Except for them to say this normal for the Rincon and maybe it is. But there has to be a reason for it and I can not for the life of me understand while NO DEALER has an explantion for this !!! Just would like to know the real sourace of the noise. Have two Rincons and they both did it from day one So prehaps it is normal but why ?? Other than this noise these are a real super machine and I'm now a true HONDA believer.Must say this is a real nice place to get info about the rincon and riding information ..
!!!HONDA BABY BEST ON EARTH!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine does it like 90% of all Rincon’s, when it is cold and warming up. After that, no chirp. I have no idea how this transmission is constructed or operates, but until you do, you will not be able to form your own opinion. Until then, you will be at the mercy of every swing'n dick that has an opinion (and is probably just guessing as well). I am employed as a industrial vibration analyst and in my years of tracking down unusual sounds, vibrations and whatever else you can imagine, the bottom line is that you must know how things work before you can come to the root cause. I have learned that all things hydraulic make unusual sounds. This comes from check valves, directional valves, proportional valves, pumps etc. The last thing I will say from experience is that without the means (equipment) to properly analyze these things, you pretty much have to live with them. This can be easier for you if you can convince yourself that they are operating normal and within the design parameters. If it is performing properly and has not failed over and extended period of time, chances are it is normal. In other words "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!". But if all else fails and you just cannot stand any longer, tear it apart and give us YOUR "opinion" on the chirp...LOL

·
Registered
338 Posts
after 2900 mile and 300 hrs,i think it is normal..

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think of it (the chirp), as a signature mark for the best ATV ride on earth .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm all for "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!" and sure do look forward to getting 3000 miles of trouble free riding with proper maintaince of coarse!! and prehaps some day Honda will actually say what this noise is caused by, but until then it will just be a NORMAL SOUND!

!!HONDA BABY BEST ON EARTH!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts