Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my last several rides I have experienced a light clicking almost racheting like sound coming from the right rear. It only does it when turning right a low to moderate speeds; maybe I can't hear it at higher speeds. I almost believe it is wheel RPM related at 1 to 1.

I have raised the Rincon up on a lift and run it and can not duplicate the sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
parkgt, I found this thread from a while back. My rincon makes the same noise as described there when breaking hard into a corner.

http://rincon.atvowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=25&topid=142&thrid=2272#p16132

Is this close to what yours is doing?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guitars911,

I do not think that is it; mine has nothing to do with braking that I remember I will check for a braking connection on my next ride.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
338 Posts
sound alot like a cv joint,you hear it alot on front wheel drive cars when turning...is everything tight,no movement in the control arms?no trash or anything between the hub and wheel?just ideas...

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Twice I have had a rock wind up getting stuck on the rear of the frame and rubbing on the brake rotor. Both times they were between golf ball & tennis ball sized. Each time they made a sound similar to what you describe. Take a look, maybe thats all it is.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for input I will check out the rock idea. I have taken the whole assembly apart and regreased the CV joints without changing the sound. Every thing looked as I thought it should.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts