Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and couldn't find much info on it. I recently purchased a 2015 Rincon. Seems to be a really solid machine. I have a question for you guys. I noticed, at times, when it shifts (mostly down shifting) I will hear a clunking sound coming from the transmission/rear end. Is this normal? Thanks for any input you can provide.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did some searching and couldn't find much info on it. I recently purchased a 2015 Rincon. Seems to be a really solid machine. I have a question for you guys. I noticed, at times, when it shifts (mostly down shifting) I will hear a clunking sound coming from the transmission/rear end. Is this normal? Thanks for any input you can provide.
describe your “clunking” sound more in depth please

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its like there is slack taking out or running back in. I think I may have found part if not all of the problem yesterday evening. I noticed that I have a little play/slop in the rear drive axles. I'm wondering if thats where the noise may be coming from. I only hear it when I initially take off or as soon as I let off the gas and it starts to slow down against the engine compression. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its like there is slack taking out or running back in. I think I may have found part if not all of the problem yesterday evening. I noticed that I have a little play/slop in the rear drive axles. I'm wondering if thats where the noise may be coming from. I only hear it when I initially take off or as soon as I let off the gas and it starts to slow down against the engine compression. Thanks
how long have you had the bike? Has it always made this noise? Sounds to me like your rear axle may not be set into the propeller shaft coming from the sub trans cover(it’s at an awful angle so you’ll have to be sure to set it solid), meaning you’ve got a broken motor mount and it’s just shifted itself out or maybe check that your sub frame bolts are locked up tight, if not there will be vertical play in your diff, which could certainly wiggle that axle just far enough back, the axle end going towards the engine is a bit rounded around the tip also, so dont freak if it doesn’t have super aggressive teeth like the front axles, just make sure everything is locked in good and tight frame and diff wise, then get back to the forum. 🙂

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to be just replying to this thread. I got the ATV from the original owner. It was making the noise when I got it. I just assumed it was lash in the rear differential. It hasn't gotten any worse. I am having an electrical issue now. Once it gets hot, random speeds come up on the display while setting still. It will also occasionally die. Im a little concerned about how hot the PCM is getting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What are some good rear axles that won’t break the bank? The ones on the atv now are the originals and seem to have right much slop in them. I’m wondering if that isn’t where the noise is coming from. Motor mounts and everything else that I’ve checked seems to be ok. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts