Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to go to Coal Creek near knoxville sometime March 22-28. I am not sure what days yet but I am looking at camping there (or hotel) and staying 2-3 days. I have never been there but the photos and information available make this place look great! I was wondering if anyone here had been to this place and have any input for me? Also, If there is anyone that would be interested in meeting me there to ride, my idea is the more the Merrier! Please give me your input as I will be driving about 4-5 hours to get there..I am comming from north alabama..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jason we have about 7-10 guys going there over easter weekend we will be staying at the closest campground to the trails .We also have never been there we always try some place new every year on easter weekend sort of tradition for us.If you are available that weekend we would be glad to have you ride with us.We will also be driving 4-5 hours from western part of Ohio.I have heard nothing but good things about Coal Creek and really looking forward to the trip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I go about once every two months with my kids. I have not been to any place better. There are about any level of dificulty you want to ride. They have a primitive campgroung by the parking lot, here is also a coampground about a mile down the road with showers. You can call the DoubleTree and get discounted rates if you want to stay in a hotel.

If you have a radio, club members monitor channel 2. The maps are good, you can go to www.tommyreah.com and download coordinates into your GPS. If it has been raining, you will want to have a winch or a come-a-long to help get up some of the hills if they are real muddy.

You can go to www.windrockatv.com anf look through the forums and ask questions there as well. I would say you could ride with us, but my kids slow us down. You will enjoy it, it is a really good place.

James

·
Registered
106 Posts
I rode my first time at Windrock the second weekend in Dec. I rode with Toolman and we had a blast. I drove 6.5 hours to get there and plan on buying a year pass, I like it that much. The trails go from very easy coal roads to very difficult trails that you will need a winch to navigate. We rode 70 miles in a day but it was not a difficult ride. Tiring maybe but not exhausting. Everyone had a fantastic time. I stayed at the Doubletree. It was very nice and reasonably priced. The cookies are good as well. Don't forget to ask for one at the front desk!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts