Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RINNY is totally dead. Was backing up and it died, now i have no power at all. I checked the battery & fuses both are good. Anyone have any ideas?? I really do not want to take her to the local Honda Stealer.....

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Does it turn over when you hit the starter?

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
This may sound a little silly but I have done it-did you accidently hit the kill switch on the handlebar?

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
I know it might sound dumb but Kill Switch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i have done that type of dumb shit before. I have looked at everything you guys have mentioned. I have not lights no nothing. Turn the key and no dash at all. Does not turn over, doesn't do anything!!! I am baffled....

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Did you give it a boost jumper cables?

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
I know you said you checked the fuse but I had this happen to me when I blew the main fuse. there is a spare one in thefuse box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only fuses i could find are under the seat, are these the only place they are located?? I opened that box and pulled every fuse, all were good. Is there some kind of inline fuse somewhere??

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
How do you know the battery is good?? Did you test it? My lights come on just fine and the charger says it has a 100% charge. As soon as I hit the starter it turns over a few times, then clicks a few times then nothing. I have a bettery on order, knew it was due long ago!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Battary is brand new in the begining of March. And i don't get anything, no lights, no starter turning, no clicks.

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Get a test light to check the fuses. I have seen bad fuses that looked good.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
When you use a VOM what is the voltage reading from the battery at the terminals?

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I was gonna say what 03 and CoMtnMan said. I have also had fuses that looked good, but were bad when I took the Fluke to them.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I was going to say what Elwood said.

Rincon_the_glen do you have basic electrical knowledge? A "good" fully charged wet cell battery will show 12.6 volts at rest. An AGM will be slightly higher. New batteries can be duds.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I concur Sunk. When I bought the recon, it came with a bad battery. Worked for a week and then nothing. Replaced under warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
AGM batteries also need a proper initial charge before they are used.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Check to see if you are getting power to the fuse box, if not check the battey cables connection to ground, and pos to the start solonoid,

·
Registered
6 Posts
i am having the same problem. friday was running fine then just killed. battery is charged but when i turn on the key, nothing, no lights or pod controls. it is as if i didnt have the key on. all my fuses are good and i have 12.5 volts at the fuse box. any ideas?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts