Honda Rincon Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
Check and clean, that means take apart, unbolt, whatever all battery cable ends and ground cables make sure you find the one that runs to the frame from the negative battery post.

·
Registered
253 Posts
03rin:re: "AGM batteries requirea full charge before use": coulda cold surface charge subsequently result inoverheating of the battery from the onboad charging system if put into use immediately afterward? aka hot shot on a dead agm battery

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey thanks everyone for your advice. I am out of town and won't be able to get to the wheel until this weekend. So i will get out the meter and start going through the fuses first. The if that's not it, the rest of the bike.... Thanks again, i will post the results after the testing is complete!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I am by no means a bettery expert and I don't recall the exact numbers. I did read a while back that AGM batteries need a slow charge to initially get a completely fully charged battery. If you get a new battery, put the acid in, and give it a quick charge it serverely limits that life of the battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, came across this old thread doing an internet search. My 04 Rinny just did the exact same thing with my kid, backing up, just died and everything went blank. Tested battery and getting power to main fuses. Screen is blank and won't turn over. Was their any other resolution to this one? I think I am good on battery, almost like I lost an ECM or something? Any feedback much appreciated before a trip to the dealer.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts