Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 may be loosing coolant. After every time I ride, the level in the top up tank is about 1/8 inch lower than before. I've checked the whole system at operating temp. and can detect no leaks – with particular attention to the water pump drain hose !
One thought is that there are undoubtedly small air pockets in the system right out of the box and it could just be these working their way out (I’ve only got about 200miles on the clock). Has anyone else experienced this ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yep..... Mine did the same thing... I had to add some after a few rides... But since it has been staying at the same level...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Ditto here also -- no problems since early on

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies gentlemen, that is a big relief. After reading some of the other threads about the infamous "leaking water pump" problem, I was starting to get a nagging doubt about mine, despite there being no other evidence of a problem - it looks like I can rest easy now !!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey guys, figured I would dig up this old thread because the reservoir coolant level was slowly dropping on me, with no signs of coolant leaks.
So I called the dealer(North Honda Powerhouse), which have been good to me. And told them that I had to refill the reservoir twice over the 145miles and 45 hours I had it. They said not to worry about it IT's very common with the rinny's, to do this when new. They told me the problem is that they don't get them up to operating temp when adding the coolant so it takes time for it to push out the air bubbles. They get a lot of calls on this.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
I experienced this too. Way early on I added a little coolant and then haven't touched it in years!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts