Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know an easy way to check if the cooling fan on the 2005 rincon is working on not. I have ridden hard and have not heard or seen it working and boiled the anti-freeze several times. The dealer here in Rock Springs, WY says that it is normal operation but I highly doubt it and wouldn't trust them any farther than I could throw them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello buglin elk!

On your engine just beside the intake or the rubber holding the carb there is a sensor, disconnect it an take a wire grounding to your frame to that wire you just disconnected and with the engine running the fan should now be working for as long as you keep that wire grounded.Be shure not to send 12v current in the wire but just a ground.

·
Registered
95 Posts
When my Rincon was new, it was idleing one evening with the lights on. My Rincon boiled over. Pretty good too. I let it cool and then rode it back to camp and it was fine while riding, but when I stopped for more than a couple of minutes, the coolent reservoir would start to head for boilover. It turned out to be a disconnected fan plug near the frame (under the fuel tank). You've got to remove a fair amount of plastic to follow the wiring, but it's probably easier than taking it to the dealer. Good luck.

Lizard

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new Rincon, Love it. I have a question. My fan has not came on yet, even though it gets pretty hot. I checked the grounding wire and the fan came on when I grounded the fan. Is there a certain temp that the fan kicks on, Im sure that is the case.. I have had no boiliing over yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts