Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! I'm currently in the process of coming up with my own multi-mount system for my Rincon. I've printed out the pics from Montana Jacks and think that I can replicate something very close to it. Couple questions I have:

1) For those of you with the Warn or Jack unit, what is the receiver size on the respective mounts? According the the Warn stuff I found it is a 1-1/4" class one type. Is the Jack unit the same size?

2) Then the pin that holds stuff in the receivers. The Warn looks like it uses a standard 5/8" receiver pin. Correct? Then I think I saw somewhere that the Jack unit uses a 5/16" wire lock pin. Am I correct there too?

3) I think I may purchase the Warn mounting plate just because it comes with all the wiring and hook-up stuff for a winch. Now will this wiring on the Warn kit work with a Ramsey winch too or just the Warn? Warn or Ramsey I haven't decided yet, though I do like the less amperage draw on the Ramsey units.

I've got access to all the fasteners, tubing, plate steel, brake press, and lazer cutting that I could possible need. I guess I just think some of the prices on this stuff is a little out of line if I can come up with something on my own, with y'alls help of course.

Hope I didn't ask too many questions! Thanks to anyone that could spare their knowledge with me. Have a good one!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I know what you mean about price, especially the Jacks stuff. They are way overpriced. I don't have the equipment to fabricate mine so I am thinking about going with the warn multimount. I have only had warn winches and see no reason to get any other.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't there anyone that can at least tell me what size the pins are for the receivers? I'm pretty sure somebody's got a multi-mount around here! Would definately appreciate any help I can get. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, but going to try bumping this up. Maybe someone has answers that hasn't checked in for a while. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mertz-Go over to the Highlifter site where they ride a lot of mud. I bet you get an answer real quick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mertz

I have a custom 2'' front and rear receiver hitch mount on my 2004 Rincon. I have no winch yet but intend to add later.I have a 2'' ball hitch and a tow hook that can be moved from front to rear.look at the photos in members section.I made the front receiver out of 3x3 angle iron, U-bolted to the front frame uprights.Then I attached a 12 inch piece of 2 inch receiver tube to the 3x3 angle iron .The front of the tube is held up using a ¼ inch thick piece of 1 inch bar stock U-bolted to the braces coming from the front of the frame to the top of the bash plate.

Okie

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Jack's system uses 1 1/4" receiver with a 5/16th" pin. It is expensive but very well made and comes with all the wiring for the Warn hookup front and rear. The mounting is very solid and fit very well.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I made a few mods to the Jack's system. Added ring on rear hitch at bottom. additional receiver tube at rear to store the winch higher away from mud & water. Jack's is a very strong system. Hard to improve upon.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot for the input guys! I really appreciate it. I'm sure that the Jack's system is no doubt strong and well made. Where I work I can just lazer cut, saw, drill, & fabricate pretty much whatever I need to duplicate this. Most of it from scrap material too, except for the fasteners.

Only thing I think I'll have to buy is just the Wiring. GoWarn.com I think has the wiring kit available, otherwise I'll buy the multi-mount plate as it comes with the wiring. Then I guess I could mount what ever winch I decide to get.

Got something drawn up all ready, just need to do some prototyping. Maybe get to it first part of August after vacation. Let everyone know how I come out with it, unless the wife spends all the winch money on the trip! ;-) Later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts