Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a cycle country plow with the manual lift and am awaiting delivery. Does anyone have any thought or comments on the operation or installation of this plow? Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
This will be my 3rd winter with the cycle country plow and what a great "tool" it is. Makes clearing snow fun, and it sure beats chugging along with some old walk behind deal.

Tips for use:
If you have a short driveway to clear, with lots of raising and lowering the plow, the manual lift makes sense as it is much quicker. If you have a really long driveway, then a winch comes into its own. Also, it is slightly more difficult to put the plow on with the manual lift kit as the handle gets in the way - but its no big deal.

Don't leave the mounting pins in the mounting plate when the plow is removed - you will loose them as soon as you scrape the underside on anything !!!

I haven't got them yet, but I reckon the endplates for the plow blade would be really useful - a lot of snow just slides off the ends, even when pushing straight.

When attaching the plow to the mounting plate, lie with your feet towards the plow blade - it is easier to move the plow around with your feet while lining up the mountings.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice RinTinTin. I will let you know how I make it. Hopefully the assembly will go well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts