Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode this trail in spring oof this year and it was awesome - loads of water on the trail and a few Rincon eating mudholes on the way.
A riding partner and winches were essential equipment at that time of year.
Rode it again in July - still plenty of water sections, but unlikely to get stuck if you were careful !

·
Registered
118 Posts
Where is this trail at in Wisconsin. I have only been to Danbury, Clark County and Black River Falls. I haven't been to WI yet this year since they added the non-resident $18/yr permit.

I see you are just across the river in Hudson, I'm in Oakdale. Let me know if you'd like to ride sometime. Sometimes our group is really small and sometimes as large as 50 machines, always a good time.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main trail head is at the south end of the trail on County GG just north of Loretta in Price County. The bulk of the trail is in Ashland county. You can also join the trail just east of Clam Lake in Ashland county.
I'd be very interested in riding with you and your group, usually it is just myself and one other ATV fanatic friend, so the opportunity to ride with a larger group would be fun - let me know when you are next going out !
I've also done the Clark county trails - they're OK. but not as challenging as the Dead Horse trail.
What are the trails around Black River Falls like ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Didn't spend too much time at BRF, the kids blaster blew up 7 miles into the trail and we never went back (now the kid has my old 400EX and the Blaster is down the road). If the rest of the trail is anything like the first 7 miles (all whoops) I wouldn't really care to go back. I think they opened up the connection from Clark County to the BRF trail section now down by Lake Arbutus. Looked to be an ATV friendly campground on the south end of Clark County right by Lake Arbutus.

Have you ever ridden the Red Top trail in Minnesota up by MilleLacs? Good time, only an hour and a half drive. Nemadji State Forest is also a good time, just south of Duluth on 23. We ride in Chengwatana State Forest, east of Pine City, but if you don't want to put a propeller on the Rincon you may not want to go. You definitely need a winch and/or a riding partner with a tow strap and very capable wheeler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts