Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Honda Rincon and a friend had told me that he had an '03 where as his trans was slipping? It turned out that it was a seal...he said Honda was aware of this and fixed it (it was also under warranty at that time) Although some of the Rincon's I'm lookig at are not under warranty...

There is a dealer about 1.5 hrs that has an 04 with warranty expired with 40 miles, he's asking 6,200.00 - Abernathy's has the '05 for 6599, however it's almost 8 hours away

still contemplating the drive, but for an extra 400 the new 05 sounds good. I also like the 2005 rubicon which has traxlok new in '05, it has the rincon sleek look too, but it's 6250 at abernathy's - there prices are out the door and beat the heck out of dealers in IL.

Are there any changes between the 04 rincon and the 05 rincon?

Thank you,

Phil

·
Registered
93 Posts
I live in the Berwyn area, cook county. Should check out the 05 Rincon at OTTO BROTHERS in LYONS, IL they priced at 6900. I am thinking of purchasing it myself. Also check Chicago Cycle world in Chicago, they are the largest bike dealers between East and west coast. Good prices as well. Good luck on your hunt. The only changes that the 05 Rincon has over the 04 is the Color. Same bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
litegide24, I just bought a 05 red Rincon from Abernathy's on Sept. 15. I live in Corinth, MS which is the home of "the great" Lake Hill Motors, but I wouldn't buy one from those people if I had to. I made the 3.5 hour drive to Abernathy's and got mine for $6549 out the door. The sales team there really apreciated my business, and that makes a hell of a difference to me. I called them and took care of 95% of the transaction over the phone and when I got there we loaded it up and signed the papers. I would consider Abernathy's for sure. Chad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you guys think of the rincon to plow snow? Any of you rincon owners get the black, sure looks neat (new)

Yeah, I think they raised all their prices this week 50.00. I just sold my rancher AT, and was gonna buy the 04 rubicon (red) w/gps from abernathy's for 5,199! 700 honda bucks on the rubicon now!

I realized it didn't have traxlok (2wd) and was disappointed and took a pass even though the deal was great. I want to put a plow on it so my wife can do the driveway :)

The rancher AT, I just sold for 5200 so I figured it'd be a wash for a new rubicon...until I realized it wasn't traxlok, and heard it's tough to steer especially in tight spaces (with a plow and lil wife as pilot)

Kinda makes me think I shouldn't of sold the rancherAT but I figure the rincon would steer similar to the rancher.

The 05 rubicon looks like the rincon! Maybe alittle more stout but it has traxlok - the price tag even at abernathys is 6,250...the rincon is only 350 more? However, nobody has received the 05 rubicon yet.

One last question, how do you guys like that arm that throws the rincon into reverse and driver?

I guess nobody has heard of a seal in the trans that made it slip... the guy that told me about this had the 03 rincon.

Thanks for your input.

Phil

·
Registered
280 Posts
The seals were o-rings. Leaked, allowing oil pressure to bypass the torque producing sections. Not really slipping, just not getting enough oil pressure
to produce proper torque. Some have had the problem and some have not. Although mine only has a little over 300 miles on it, when you crack the throttle it jumps.
Must have been how/by whom they were assembled. The same problem has been seen in some 04s too.

I personally think the RInny will be a great snowplow. Time will tell, as I haven't had mine long enough to know yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On my "03 rinny they had to put a lighter oil in the transmission cause of a squealing sound like a belt slipping coming from it. Anyone else ever heard of this???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Plow snow in the and winter and mow my yard in the summer. It works great for both. I have a 60" warn plow and a 60" tow behind swisher mower. Throw on a set of 27" mudlites and it is an unstoppable snow plower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts