Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's nine months old and has 1234 miles on it exactly. Since I was already doing the diff fluid on my Grizzly (second time, now has 3295 miles on it), I figured I'd do the Rincon too.

It was easier than on the Grizzly. The PRM underbody skid has a drain hole for the front diff, so that job took maybe five minutes. Fluid looked pretty good for its age... though dirtier than the Grizzly's front fluid.

I had to undo half of the PRM skidplate to do the rear because there was no drain hole. The rear only takes 3 oz (6 oz front), which is odd. It looked about the same as the front.

I was out of regular gear oil, so I put Redline Synethetic 75W90 GL-5 in both the Grizzly and Rincon. And this time next year, I'll change it all again. :)

Rob

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cool any difference in ride or noise?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was under the impression that you are supposed to fill the diff fluid up until it comes out the fill hole...is this to much oil? Can it damage anything? I ask because that is what I did with mine...should I drain some of this out?...

Concerned....

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the owner's manual, you do fill it to the bottom of the fill hole... which just happens to be approx 6 oz front and 3 oz rear.

Makes it nice 'n easy that way.

Rob

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ok, thanks! ya had me scared because when i was a child I "changed the oil" in my honda 90 and filled it to the brim and latter found out that it was why my 4-wheeler wasn't running right...LOL...my father laughed and asked me to let him help me with things like that..he didn't even know i had done it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts