Honda Rincon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i always check the honda site every day to see if they changed anything on the models

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Kind of makes me wonder if they would put a diff lock on the rinny since it is pretty much the same engine/tranny combo. Wouldn't matter much to me personally. My next purchase will probably be a SxS.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i might get one it will be the big red.i like beltless tranny on the hondas

·
Administrator
12,368 Posts
Honda675, I bet if you made a list of all the machines you "Might Not Get", it would be a much shorter list then the ones "You Might Get" ;-)

I dont think every Utility ATV is getting diff lock in 2009 just like that. They will probably introduce it on this machine, and see how it goes, maybe work out some bugs, if any who knows..

Diff lock for me isnt a big deal, if I had it, it will hardly ever be used, never had a real need for it, but I wouldnt remove it from the machine either ;-)..

I think some other machines will see EFI in 2009..

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
You crack me up Ultra !!! You definitely have a way with words LOL

might not vs might LOL

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
One thought here. The big Red may have a "turf mode" which would mean the Diff-Lock would be needed in the rear

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
it did say all wheel diff lock,i would like to see a rubicon with irs and efi.if they did put the diff lock on the other utility bikes honda haters would have less to talk about when they are bashing hondas

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I don't see them putting IRS on any atv other then the Rincon. Unless they come out with a whole new machine.

·
Administrator
12,368 Posts
The Rubi wouldnt be a Rubi with IRS, it isnt needed and should never go on a Rubicon.. Have you been on a new rubi before? It wouldnt be an awesome tow vehicle anymore either.

;-) Trailtoad

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
no,an 03.

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I agree Ultra. I would like to see some 26" Big Horns on the Big Red!!

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Who wants to take bets?

Mac's 2009 Perdiction:

Honda Rancher 420 AT - 100% sure
Honda Rancher 420 AT with Power Steering - 100% sure
Honda Rincon 680 w/diff lock - (90% sure)

Thats in order, ones I'm most sure about to least sure about, lol.

·
Administrator
12,368 Posts
If they do put a lock in the Rinny, I hope they add a low gear for the Mud guys, its harder to turn 4 then 3 at times ;-)

·
Super Moderator
6,559 Posts
They take away the free wheeling front end and you may as well change the name from Rincon to Rubicon with IRS, it will be a frikin tank, not a sport ute.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
i bet the rubicon and foreman will get efi

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
About the rubicon with IRS. It would be nice to offer it with or without it. Kawasaki does it on the brute. For those who work there's hard and pull alot of stuff, get the SRA, for those who work those and want IRS, get the Rubi IRS.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
i wonder if the front locking diff. of the big will fit on the rincon? and if it is geared lower would the (gears) clutch packs fit a rincon trans? and would it be cause efective?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
thats what i was thinking S.A

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
meatman, my guess is that they geared it down in the diff's and not the transmission.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
i bet that 420AT will also be irs. that wheeler looks to me like a platform to test there new motor and add irs in the future

21 - 40 of 51 Posts