Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that ride deep water or mud.

A group of us are finding a substantial amount of water in the differential cases. The vent lines are sucking water in. We are going to try to relocate the lines to a higher spot. I'll advise as to how it works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dick, Seems as though your name suits you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I've been some DEEP water so I'll be checking mine tonight.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I get some water in my rear Differential and found out after 4200 hard miles my alex,cv joints as a lot of play in it.I'm sure i will be replacing some parts soon or later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is a tip. I ride in alot of mud and am obsessed about oil. I have already changed my diff oils about 6 times now. Something I noticed, if you check the diff anywhere from right after to an hour after you have ridden it.. it will look milky like you have water in it. You need to let it set unshaken for about 5 hours and it will return to its normal clean greenish color. If it still looks creamy after that then yeah you have water.

·
Registered
409 Posts
RinconLuvr- I think the reason it looks ok after 5 hours is because the oil and water have had time to seperate. It should not be milky at any time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree with Duramax. If it look milky at anytime, there is water in it that does not belong. It will seperate after 5 hours and fool you. Skake up a container of gear oil and look at it; it may have suspended air bubbles in it for a little while but it won't turn white and milky looking unless it is some strange stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i tottaly agree with parkgt.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I am going to reroute my vent lines this weekend. If you search the site, Someone just did a whole instructional thread complete with pictures about a month ago. I can't remember who it was.

I too have the same problem. It is only the rear diff. Anytime I go through any water, I am changing the rear diff fluid. No problrms with the front though. But I will be doing all of them at the same time I do my stealth snorkle.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I found it. It was Jonathan and here is the link

http://www.rinconriders.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=26&topid=148&thrid=45426#p481192

He did a great job walking you through it step by step.

Thanks Jonathan

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
hey this is way cool someone should drag up all the old posts one every day for shits and giggles kinda like studying ancient rincon riders history

·
8,082 Posts
I get your other post now mudbuddy.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
tomv7890:

No problem

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Replacement juice. Recommend 75-140 synthetic. Works great in 110 temp to below zero. Have used it for years and very happy with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts