Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back someone posted specs. where he measured the jet size of the DJ kit vs. Keihin stock and they were pretty close in sizes. He measured a DJ 150 as about the same as the Keihin stock 152, etc. I ran across this chart on ATV Nation under Kawasaki. For example, they are showing that a DJ 148 is a Keihin 162. Take a look and see what you think. Chart

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, the stock 152 may be the same size as the DJ150, but they don't flow the same rates. The stock needle combined with the stock jet do NOT flow nearly as much as the DJ needle combined with the DJ main jets. My Rincon had a perfect mixture when it was BONE stock with the stock 152 main jet. Now, it's perfect with my K&N Airfilter and HMF exhaust and I'm using a DJ148 jet. So that just shows you that the DJ jets and needles flow more than stock. No matter what the diameter of the hole is.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
It was me that posted that awhile back.
I also read that DJ numbers sizes are the I.D. size in mm, 150 is 1.5mm.

I only had the stock Keihin jet to compare to. If you want I can repost the sizes. I checked the stock Rincon (152) Keihin at the same size as a DJ 150, maybe a touch larger, only by about a half a thou. .0005

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
comtnman- Did you take a look at the chart I mentioned? What do you make of it and account for the differences? If I am understanding it correctly, It is saying that the DJ 148 I am running is the same as a Keihin 162 and not close to a stock Keihin 152. I would like to try to richen it up a little more, so what do I go with? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Yes I looked at the chart. I don't agree with it.

The DJ 150, and 148 both had close to the same I.D. with the pins I used.

If what I said in my earlier post is true, that DJ #s are the mm sizes of the I.D. the differences from a 1.50mm to a 1.48mm is .00079 of an inch.
1.5mm=.05905 DJ 150
1.48mm=.05826 DJ 148

I must clarify that the pin set I used to check the I.Ds. with were graduated in .001 I wish I had a smaller graduated (.0001 difference) set of pins to get a more accurate size.

1.mm =.03937 inch. Multiply the mm by .03937 to get the inch size.
A stock 152 is very close to the DJ 150. stock 152 is just a few .0001 larger from what I checked.

Go to the DJ 150 to richen it up.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks comtnman. I have a Keihin 160 that I tried before the pipe. I think just for kicks, I will slip it back in and see how much it riches it up. I will then try the DJ 150.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts