Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I have a 2005 Honda rincon 650 with 5500kms on it. Was wondering if you have to remove the Cam chain tensioner to get some more tension on the chain or can you just take the top bolt off and screw it in there? Only asking because I'm noticing a slight rattle on the left side of the ATV by that area so I would like to eliminate the Cam chain as the culprit lol Also I will be having my valves checked in a couple days.

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
@Jay_Rincon

Depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to just eliminate the CCT as a source of the rattle, you can remove the access bolt and insert a small screw driver in the CCT, while it is still mounted to the cylinder. Turning the screw (tightening) will apply extra tension to the CCT and apply more force to the CC guide. If the noise goes away, that's your problem. When you remove the screw driver, the CCT will just reset itself back to where it was.

However, you can also remove the CCT and add tension to the plunger which will permanently add pressure against the CC guide and fix the rattle. IMHO, the CCT from Honda, even when new, needs a little more tension. I did this to mine years ago and at 13,000 miles it still is quiet at start up.

If you search under my posts, I have a detailed explanation on how to increase spring tension in the CCT and permanently fix the rattle. Follow my directions and do not add to much tension.

If you have questions quote this post and it will ping me so I see it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Jay_Rincon

Depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to just eliminate the CCT as a source of the rattle, you can remove the access bolt and insert a small screw driver in the CCT, while it is still mounted to the cylinder. Turning the screw (tightening) will apply extra tension to the CCT and apply more force to the CC guide. If the noise goes away, that's your problem. When you remove the screw driver, the CCT will just reset itself back to where it was.

However, you can also remove the CCT and add tension to the plunger which will permanently add pressure against the CC guide and fix the rattle. IMHO, the CCT from Honda, even when new, needs a little more tension. I did this to mine years ago and at 13,000 miles it still is quiet at start up.

If you search under my posts, I have a detailed explanation on how to increase spring tension in the CCT and permanently fix the rattle. Follow my directions and do not add to much tension.

If you have questions quote this post and it will ping me so I see it.
Hey Corndog, I've been reading tons of your posts about it, you have ALOT of knowledge on these machines and they were very helpful. The only thing I wasn't seeing ( which you just answered everything for me ) was if you could do it while still mounted on the ATV or if you had to remove it. I couldve just missed that part but either way THANK YOU lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts