Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently replaced my oil pump chain that had fallen off(also put new o-rings and put new oil pump gears in pump)and i did mark both the top and bottom of the timing chain and both sprockets to line that back up.
When I reassembled everything the cooling fans stay on as soon as the key is turned on and is it quite difficult to get started and the FI light flashes 7 times and the oil temp light is on even though the four wheeler isnt. It has a hard time shifting when it is driven now also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the fan could be running due to the coolant temp sensor or oil temp sensor being unplugged or a broken wire to one of them. that's one way to test the fan on the 680, unplug the sensor and fan will come on

·
Administrator
12,354 Posts
the fan could be running due to the coolant temp sensor or oil temp sensor being unplugged or a broken wire to one of them. that's one way to test the fan on the 680, unplug the sensor and fan will come on
If I remember correctly, the wire has to be grounded for the fan to come.. So maybe the OP has a bad shorted sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts