Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped the needle to the 4th notch today with no spacers. Left in the #50 pilot and 148 main. Not sure if I could tell any difference but seems to pull hard on low end. I am running Goodyear Mud Runners and lined up against my son on my Raptor in heavy wet sand. Raptor is running stock tires. The Mud Runners grapped real well and I kept the lead until I hit 40 mph and by then he had hooked up and blew by me. The rinny would only top out at 50 but the last 5 were slow coming. But I am please at the way it is running up to that point. Forgot to take my plug wrench with me so couldn't pull the plug. Will take a look it tomorrow but have been runniing it at slow speeds loading and unloading so will not ge a very good reading. Oh yeah, it did start banding out in second gear at 31 mph like it was hitting the rev limiter. The only time it has done it in any gear. At least I hope it was the limiter. Anyone else running faster in 2nd without hitting it? Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I found the 4th notch, no spacers to be the same setting as using the 3rd notch with the smaller stock spacer and the Dynojet washer under the clip. If the low and mid range are good, try a larger main. That might be why you are cutting out up top.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with Topgun, you may need to go up on your main, I take from your post that your setup with a supertrapp exhaust, dont they give any suggestions with what to use in your bike like HMF does? anyway you have to look at the carb like circuitry, when you are full throttle you, should be getting the fuel from the main jet, you probably need to go up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts