Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the 1st to put this device on my quad. My Rincon died on the way to a big (200 rider) party on Saturday night. After inspecting my quad for possible faults I discovered broken wires coming out of the device. Needless to say they are not repairable as the break is actually inside the epoxy, and almost impossible to access.

So I sent an e-amil to Dynatek on Monday indicating I would like to replace it, and was hoping they would rather sell something that will sit on a shelf for ever , at a reduced price, than not. So far no replies from Dynatek.

I enjoyed the features it gave me, I didn't see much hp gain, if any, but to have an increased rev, 4 selectable modes which would give me the grunt for snow riding, or the top end for trail riding. I was happy with the prototype I received. This shortly after Kevin er MudChuckers report, and then Big Daddy Mud Bug basically confirmed what MudChucker had said. I was very active in getting mine as soon as possible.

Right now, I have a rev limiter again, and a stock set up on the quad.

So now I sit here wondering if I really should spend the money. I have been looking at SXS's and well , the Rincon would be trade bait.

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Anyone else? I got a great reply from Dynatec. Contact info is [email protected] Larry Nelson 1-800-928-3962

Remember these units will have only limited sales now, so making a good deal on one should be easy.

I am sending my dead one away, for inspection, and will be buying a replacement at a very reasonable price shortly.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Good deal.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I say never sell/trade a honda Oilcan! Keep it...But you need to check out these SxSs. Thats what Ultratec said! hehe

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Have you heard anything yet, Oilcan? I'm interested if we can get a group buy or good price.

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gregger I found the site, and a couple RR clowns on it... they are really buggin me to be a Viking! ha ha ha
Tyrinny yes, yesterday they contacted me saying I get the special price because I am returning my old one. They said e-bay is your best bet, as you can get the box and coil for 300, as opposed to 317 for just the CDI box from a dealer.

I tried.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i sent Larry an email and he replied.. Says from them its 249 plus tax.... i found it on EBAY for 179.99 with 6.94 shipping!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts