Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
Can someone help me with the jetting on my rincon,I first install the K&N air filter then in the carb the(dyno jet kit) 144 main jet and the needle in #2 groove. When and tried it,when it was cold it was a total improvment but when it got hot it lost all it's power.I check the plug and I found it was not dark enough so I went and upgrade to a #146 main jet and try it.While driving it was o.k. but when I started to play in deep snow whith the engine reeving a bit and not to much fresh air the exhaust turn bright red, so I went driving back on open road and the exhaust was o.k. I didn't found a big improvment with the #146 main jet.stop there for now,the exhaust is stock,waiting for the fmf power line exhaust to come in.Thank's in advance for the help.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Most seem to find the #144 to be about right without exhaust mods no matter what kind of filter. You didn't mention your elevation which does make a difference. If you are below 3,000 feet the #144 should be OK; although some do use the #146. Search back 6 months in both this forum and the "Products" forum for more threads on the subject.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you parkgt!
I live almost at sea level,just a few feet over.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The "Bright Red" exhaust would be a concern for me. That indicates a lean situation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The rev. limiter stops the Rincon at around 60mph, and the constant velocity carb. spring stops it from being aggressive ( Honda lawyers don’t want it to wheelie? ). Get a dyno-jet kit, install the dyno-jet CV spring and needle w/ the clip in the 4th slot on the needle without washers under the clip. Throw away the main jets that come with the dyno-jet kit and use a #40 pilot W/ air the air screw at 3 turns out and a #158 main jet below 5000' or a #155 main jet above 5000' and it will blow away a grizzly or 700 sportsman from 0-50 mph. I haven’t run into a Kaw. 700 so I don’t know about them. I’ve changed five rincons using this set-up and they are all nasty fast up to 50 mph. I haven’t figured out how Honda is de-tuning the engine above 50 mph yet (retard the spark or control the CV carb. slide). If any of you know e-mail me [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts