Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that might be thinking about the Dyno and the MBRP pipe, that's what I have on one of my Rincons. I used the 148 jet and 3 turns on the mixture and a K&N air filter. The second notch on the needle and it works great. The power did increase throughout the range, with the most noticable at low end. Wheelstands all the way down the street with no problem now. (Couldn't get it up at all before). Added side note. It got rid of the overheating problem which the dealer couldn't fix. I had a hunch the pipe was causing a lean mix and the excessive heat. Put 50 miles on it it severe mudding conditions and 89 degrees today and no problems whatsoever. Also managed to put every other brand ATV and even other Hondas to shame in the process. The settings as described with the kit are right on the money for our altitude here which is about zero to ten feet LOL. (ten feet is a mountain here)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoss,
It's got a fairly noisy popping sound. I would gauge it on 1-10 with one stock and 10 that irritating 2 stroke bunble bee racket, about a 6-7.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, and it's quite a job putting it in. Gotta dismantle the whole rear rack, plastic, lights etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sx flyer, Congrats on the successful mod. I think I'm leaning towards the 2" tip mod for the stock exhaust. I use the bike for hunting as well so I'm tryin to stay quiet. good luck..ride safe...hoss

·
Registered
84 Posts
SXflyer, when Highlifter first started selling the MRBP pipe, there was an issue with the front clamp. Did the one you got from Shadetree have the corrected clamp? Also, do you get the spark arrestor or is it extra?

I've been holding off for the Diamond G pipe but that may just be a dream like the rest of their stuff that never appeared. How would you say the fit is of the MBRP? Will it melt my plastic or cause problems with my winch solinoid that I mounted where the tool kit was? I just hate buying something that doesn't fit properly, as the case is with most aftermarket stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the same setup on mine. I agree with you totally.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Matt, what is your opinion of the pipe? How's the fit, ect? Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Topgun, I love it. It looks awesome, sounds sweet. Its not loud to me at all. I have nothing bad at all to say about it. This setup with the Uni filter gave me a good amount of low and mid power. I had a chance to plow yesterday. no probs at all. If i found a dry spot i bet i could have got the front wheels off the ground with the plow on!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Topgun, - Sorry for the late reply. I've been on vacation skiing in Italy and just got back. The clamp fit fine on the MBRP pipe. I was upset thtat the spark arrester did not come with the pipe from Shadetree. And the pipe does get very hot. I ordered some pipe wrap and I'm gonna wrap it from the head all the way to the muffler. It did fit properly. Still, it's a little too loud for my liking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts