Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Highlifter has now got a performance tuning link that has dyno runs of difference machines with different mods...Check out my profile for the dyno run of the rincon!!! or go to highlifter.com

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow those numbers suck! I'm still not buying it because the Rincons torque converter is really screwy and has many ways it can mess up dyno readings. It's not like a normal torque converter. Unless they have a dyno made specially for the Rincon, I don't believe such low numbers. It may be true, but I don't believe it until it can be prooven that the dyno is efficiently reading the numbers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wouldn't let those numbers scare you. Dyno's have an infanite number of variables and were really only designed to show changes. The way HighLifter is using the numbers to compare before and after modifications is really the intended purpose. A jet kit adding a five percent increase in rear rear wheel horsepower sounds like a reasonable gain for such a minor modification.

To try and look at the numbers of different machines that were taken with a completely different set of variables would be totally inaccurate.

By the way, my stock machine still scoots right along regardless of the numbers.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree lizard. I didnt mean for you to take the numbers and compare the HP numbers to another ATV. This would be like trying to add apples and organes. This is mearly to show you the increase in hourse power over the stock situation. You can compare these two sets of numbers because as lizard points out its using all the same variables for both runs with the only thing chaninging is the jetting. That is WHY you run a dyno before and after so you have something to compare to. You cant even accuratly compare the same ATV a few months apart and get the same results because of air density, temperature, oil viscosity at that time...etc..etc...

So, In my opinion this ONLY shows the difference before and after the jet mod..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts