Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been reading on the forum for awhile and decided to sign up as a member today. I have a few questions concerning the Dyno kits and exhaust tip.

DynoJet:
Really how easy is it to install this kit and how long does it take? Its cold here in ND, so the quicker the better! I just bought one off of ebay today and should be here soon. I wouldn't even mind having someone do it for me, but the Honda dealership in town never even heard of them.

I have rode and maintained motorcycles for years, but never touched a carburetor, a little apprehensive, but right now I think it would help my start, stalling, and general performance issues I am having.

2" Tip:
While I would like to get a bit throatier sound from my rincon, I also don't want it to be obnoxious. Can anyone comment on the loudness of the tip - is it quite a bit loader with the stock muffler or louder but not too bad.

Also just bought the Louisiana Guard Dog - no need for straps anymore, this product is awesome!!!

Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
2 inch tip doesnt do much to the volume, only the octaves...

jetting... well, its like this...

the jet kit you are going to recieve is going to have about 10 jets of various sizes... and another slide needle eclip and a washer and spring... the stock jet is a #152 wich is plenty huge in itself so all you need to do is this...

take the top off the carb, its those four brass philips head screws, use a good screw driver as these things are easy to strip ..be carefull, there is a spring pushing back at you nothings going fly anywhere... just know that the top of the carb is holding down a spring...

now, gently lift out the black slide...(so far you have more time invested in reading this then you would to get to this point) as per the dynojet instructions, remove and replace the needle, using ALL the stock washers as well as the dynojet washer, and start with the clip on (usally the 2nd notch, Id go 3rd) install that back together the same way it all came apart... you might want to also richen the air fuel screw, you can get to it by reaching in around the throttle stop with a short screw driver, give it about a 1/4 turn out for starters and see how she runs...

if you realy want the details look at some of the other posts, yello650rincon has a site with some info on it as well. if you also take a look at the the post named, moose jetting there is the details that explain why the stock main is HUGE enough... I have also made a number of posts regarding it taking me 10 minutes or less to rejet...your first time expect an hour...if you feel you want to change the jetting anyway...(this is off the top of my head)

1.) remove the 2 10 mm bolts on the back of the air box
2.) pull the vent line that goes into the front of the airbox out, (dont forget to remove the foamy first
3.) lossen the clamp on the airbox that connects to the carb
4.) slide the airbox back out of the way (about an inch or 2 is all)
5.) remove the 8 mm bolt that holds the throttle stop onto the engine
6.) loosen the clamp that hold the carb onto the intake side...
7.) pull the choke and throttle cables out of the white plastic holder thingy under the tank (you'll see what I mean they are cliped into it side by side)
8.) gently twist the carb over counter clockwise, I only go about 90 degrees so the float boal is vertical, and then using one long mother philips screw driver I reach in from the outside of the frame and unscrew the four philips screws (I have replaced mine with M4 cap screws)
9.) unscrew the main jet and install what ever turns you on
10.) put it all back together...

-carefull rerouting your throttle stop screw... I find I always twist the bejeezuz out of it and screw up the idle,, not that it matters,... cuz next, ima gonna tell ya how to figure that out as well

so, with the engine all back togehter, and tested for leakers...

start the beasty up...and warm it up for a 10 minutes...

1.) adjust the throttle stop to a nice low idle, just slightley lower then what your used to hearing...
2.) reach up underneath the carb with a short screw driver ( i have one about 5 inches long that I use) and slow UNSCREW the the airfuel screw till you hear the engine idle increase
3.) when you hear the engine idle increase, stop turning the screw, now, this is the hard part, count how many times your turn the screw IN until you hear the engine idle increase again...
4.) take the number of turns it took to make the idle increase and unscrew half of that. (so if it took 1.5 turns before you heard the idle increase unscrew 3 quarters of a turn)

this should be running farking purrfect at this point...if not, its just very fine tuning that is needed...

and dont worry... i havent always been the jetting guru you see standing before you today, 3 months ago... holy shit was I lost...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal, I am going to go for it. I'm sure you and others will be around in case I fall flat on my face, but I think if I take my time it should go smoothly.

And hey, next time you're in Grand Forks, look me up, we can down a tall dark brew and a steak.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I tried the mudchucker method of mixture screw adjustment today. However, it was already real close to the point of highest idle, and there was no lean high or rich high, so there was no difference to split. The high idle spot was about 2.5 turns out from seated, and it went down both ways from there. So I just set it at three out like DJ says.

BTW, I gained some low end, but I lost 5 mph on top end. More adjustment needed?
I used the factory main jet, DJ needle with E-clip on third groove with factory
washers under the clip and DJ washer on top of the clip. I am thinking of going
to the second groove with the same setup of washers. Since I have no aftermarket
exhaust, I am thinking leaner.

I was going up a 30 degree hill and I let off the throttle and hit the brakes and it stalled. It has never done that before.

Suggestions?

Edit: I also installed a Twin-Air filter today.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Ive noticed now on a few machines whith stock mufflers, its very, very hard to detect any RPM change, so I bought a tiny tach to take out the guesswork...

but with 3 turns, if your not stalling, your more then likley bang on..actually, I find that about 2 and 7/8's is the magic number that appears to be best...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts