Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new Rincon owner and am looking for the Rincon service manual.
Someone on ebay bought the manual for $50, copied every page onto CD, and is selling it for $20 in CD form..
Anyone interested in getting a group to buy the one E-manual and then copying the CD? We should be able to get the manual for way less than $20 each!!

Post what you think about the idea.
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the one on CD today, and hopefully I can get it posted to my website. I have wanted to put the manual on my site for sometime but lacked the means of doing so, maybe this will help me out. I bought the paper one the same day I bought my Rinny, took 2 months to get it, but worth its weight in gold.

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am interested in getting the manual in any form.

What has been suggested looks like copy right infringement. Not sure what Honda lawyers would say if they thought money was exchanging hands and they weren't getting their share.

Just a thought.

Ton

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im interested, let me know. Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys, not being rude or anything, but you spend 6-7+k on a machine and seem cheap about buying a manual. They are only 50 bucks off the net and worth their weight in gold, and make damn good "on the throne" reading. Yes I am going to TRY and get it on my site, but I really dont know if it can be done. I am only allowed 30 MB of space. I bought the CD one so that possibly I can put up key parts out of the manual. Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased one on ebay from this guy last week. He doesn't have the best rating but the disk showed up exactly as promised. I am sure if you emailed him he would send you a copy for 10 bucks. item #4205121491

·
Registered
95 Posts
While having it on CD has some good uses, just remember that it will not be with you at the trailside where you're likely to need it. Having it in camp or at the "drop zone" could save a riding trip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't be surprised when some cop comes knocking on your door. "COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT" is what they call that... Buy the manual "legally" you will be glad you did when the thing is covered with grease and realize that it was worth every penny...

Just my 2cents!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Gee Stan, you really get around.
How is HPW these days?

BTW, I agree with Stan. I too bought a CD off Ebay. But when I realized it was bootlegged, I pitched it and fired a nasty email at the seller about bootlegging
copyrighted material and making me liable for criminal prosecution. So I wasted $12. Spend the $50 and have the manual in front of you when you are working on your Rinny.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Soft copy is always nice but it's hard to keep that laptop from falling to the floor when you are working on the machine. "OOPS i did it again!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts