Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First problem seems to be occurring now. Occasionally, I have no power (display won't light up) when I turn the key to the "on" position. Waiting a few minutes and retrying usually works. Additionally, while riding, my temp light will blink, all the characters on the display will light up, and the gear display will toggle between ESP mode and Drive. This doesn't always occur, but seems to be happening on a more regular basis. I have looked over all electrical connections and don't see anything obvious. Any ideas? Is my display going bad?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection that is gradually getting more and more loose. I would just grab a wrench and physically check tightness of all connections I could find.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I would check all the groung points, take the terminals off and clean the frame under them. While it is doing what you are describing, have you tried moving the key in the switch? I have seen the switch go bad.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I agree check your battery terminal. Mine did the same thing and my pos. battery cable was loose.

·
Registered
800 Posts
got a phone call today from my brother in law,he was getting ready to load up the rinny for a few days of hunting when it went dead on him. he asked me were the fuse box was i told him bet its his postive battery terminal,sure enough it was loose. told him it happen to me befor and also a lot of people on this site.maby now he will become a member so he can fix things on his owen lol. all i know is its nice to have this site to ask and find answers to my rincon questons

·
Registered
409 Posts
That is what mine was doing and it was the positive cable on the battery.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Same here, it seems Honda does not do a good job of making sure the battery cables are tight. I happened to be at the dealer when mine acted up($100.00 refund safety course). The battery cable was only hand tight. I would say they bring them on the showroom floor hand tight so they can be loosened so no starts them up. The sales person will then tighten it back up by hand and off you go with your battery cable not tight enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts