Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there were sound clips of the mbrp, hmf, big gun, supertrapp, and 2 inch exhaust tip. It would be nice to hear obviously before i made a decision.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I recently ordered the HMF(Utility Series) and the dealer has emailed me, telling me that there is no quiet core available for that pipe. Is my dealer mistaken? Ive only heard this pipe on one other quad (kfx400) and it did not have the quiet core and was way to loud for my likings.Any info would be great, I'll have to change my order if the dealer is correct.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how did the stainless tip compare to the stock sound, any increases/decreases in performance ( i know this thread is on here elsewhere, but ill ask your opinion) philjo?

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I have the HMF Utility with the Quiet core, you can see the screen on it in this photo...

I bought the 2 inch tip and never installed it. so I cant compare the 2 inch tip... the HMF is loud... but not obscene or anything...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Stock muffler with only 2" tip versus HMF pipe without quiet core, theres no comparision. 1 HMF is louder than 6 Rincons with tips. But like I said,that pipe was on a kfx400, and the sport pipes could be totally different as far as I know. I personally wouldnt want my exhaust any louder than it is already with my tip. I put the filter, jet kit, and tip on at the same time, so the performance change was very noticable. Im not sure you would notice anything with just the tip, but it will definetly sound better. The big brown truck should be bringing my pipe today, I'll let know my 2cents when I get it on.

Hey Mudchucker, any idea where I can order a quiet core for mine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts