Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have read every review and on paper the Titan seems to be bigger, have more power, and more creature comforts for the price! However, I am leary of buying a foreign "large" truck. All foreign trucks I have seen (Tundra) are smaller or underpowered. Has anyone here driven the two trucks? I am talking about the 2004 models...

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Wow I'm surprised I never saw this thread...

IMO I'd take the Titan any day over an F150... but I have to admit up front that I'm very anti-Ford. Won't EVER own one again. Both Fords that I've owned in the past were absolute garbage and every dealer I dealt with was totally incompetent.

It's also hard to argue with 305 hp on the Titan. I think the Titan is damn ugly, but it should turn out to be a good truck.

Now... me personally, I'm not into half-ton, gas-powered pickups. I prefer 2500-series or bigger, diesel-powered. :)

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I own a Titan and it is by far the best full size truck I have ever owned. I say any I owned. And I have owned all US made vehicles. Power is awsome at both levels of speed and power. Everything about this thing has been very well thought out by Nissan. The interior is laid out well and the quality of the leather rivals my wifes accura. Disk brakes around locking rear diff, sprayed in bed liner from the facory just to mention a few of the goodies. After 10,000 miles I and sold. This truck is definitely full size not like the Tundra. I pull a 24 foot Parker boat with ease.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jason,
they had an article in one of the ATV magazines about the Titan. Got good reviews but when they towed a large trailer, the mileage went down to an average of 7 mpg. This doesn't surprise me, since I have a F-150 and get between 7-10 when hauling my trailer.

John

·
Registered
61 Posts
While i don't have a Titan ( i drive an 02 pathfinder, one of the last 5 speed pathfinders ever made) , my dad does. I figure i would post a reply to endorse this truck He has got 14K on it, no problems yet. He did some modifications, added a Volant intake and put a Magnaflow exhaust on. His average prior to the oxygenated fuel was 17 mpg now its like 16mpg. Supposedly, in 2 years, Nissan will have a diesel Titan/Armada. That would really be something i would be interested in. I think all manufacters should be offering and doing more with diesel. But i just took this off topic. So yeah, i would get a test drive a Titan, if that is something you might be considering. The only thing they need to add is a full size bed to the crew cab, as the only way of getting a normal bed is to get the extended cab (which has a decent amount of room for the passengers).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jason-

one other thing, it isnt "really" a 'large foreign truck'. It was completely built and assembled in your neighboring state of MS and was designed in this country. Look at GM, they are making engines in China now. That is where the engine for the new Equinox is made. The Hemi's that everyone loves so much, are made in Mexico. Ok, enough with the what is made here, just get whatever you like, and do the routine maintenance, and you should be happy.

·
Registered
800 Posts
my silverado dose the job and looks dam good doing it.it dose not matter what you drive suv, truck, car, most people believe that what there driving is the best. I find a lot of people are brand loyal Chevy, coke,burgerking you get the idear. to each his owen I say and just in case you were wondering I am a coke,McDonalds,Chevy,sam adams,jack daniels,Honda kind of a guy lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This website is a decent way of looking into a vehicle before making a final decision. The complaints section is interesting. When you get a chance, check it out.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/complaintsearch.cfm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone notice that the orginal post is almost a year old? I hope Jason hasn't waited this long to make up his mind. lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi, I have a 04 F-150 fx4, and its a sweet ride, plenty of power, (300HP)
It tows very nice, rides much better then my friends Super Duty Desiel (Loud),
Its only real problem is gas mileage, but its no worse then the Nissen.

The are Both good trucks.......compared to a Ram !

·
Registered
231 Posts
My silverado does the job and looks dam good doing it. Great for hauling my Rincon all over the Northest.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Ford all the way!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's really hard to ignore him and hope he goes away. I'll give it my best.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Having owned a Hemi, and most recently a 2004 f250 Powerstroke Diesel, I now own a Titan and could not be happier. Both the Dodge and Ford were almost a weekly trip to the dealer for warranty issues. As for mileage, I only got around 10.7 mpg while towing 6000 lbs with my diesel. Throw in the smell, cost of an oil change, trying to find diesel in some areas of the country. Did I mention I am happy with the TITAN!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts