Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fan had not been working lately and it worked fine before. The wires are all fin and my thermostat is fine but it has not kciked on in like 4 weeks. Can anybody please tell me what is wrong

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
See the "pics of temp gauge install" post and check your fuse?????

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do u mean see the pis of the temp guage install

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Go here http://rincon.atvowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=26&topid=148&thrid=8873&page=2

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi ADAM!

Ground the wire that's connected to your sensor between the caburator and the engine, with your ignition on the fan is suppose to come on with this connection, if all is o.k. else where.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the ground wire wrapped around the wire coming out if the back of the head(thermostat wire) ?

where does the ground wire lead to

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry about the pic i was trying to make it go below my name but i dont know how

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi ADAM!

You find the right wire,just disconnect that wire and ground it on the frame or engine.Your fan should work with the ignition on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what wire is that though

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello ADAM!

On the head of the engine,between the carb and the head on the left side you will find the temp sensor it's that wire I'm talking about.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had the same problem after rejetting. The wire conected to the sensor fell off when I fliped my card over. Check the wire and make sure it is still conected to the sensor located on the back side of the head (if you already haven't).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have its still connected

i tried wiing my fan up directly to the ifnition jsut now but it didnt work so i put it back

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you already haven't place a positve feed on one end of the feed coming directly from the fan and the other end to a ground. If the fan doesn't work I would say the fan motor is bad or wire conections to the motor are bad.

If it works I would follow the Wiring Diagram on page 25-3 in the owners manual. Set a meter to OHms and test each wire conection. This will tell you where the conection is failing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ROC i just did that and the fan kick on and worked fine. I also traced every wire on the bike and they all conect wothout any damage to them. The only other thing i can think of is the thermostat but i dont no how to take it off or where its at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2004 rincon. the fan is not working. I have replace the coolant temp. sensor, the oil temp sensor, checked the thermostat in boiling water works fine and replaced the fan. still getting an overheating light and the fan not working.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts