Honda Rincon Forum banner

FMF, DiamondG etc I need a pipe!!!!

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  gholt 
#1 ·
I am looking to hop up my 03 green Rincon any and all suggetstions on pipes are welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

#2 ·
I am very happy with my MBRP PowerTech4..no rivets...no packing,and a nice sound.

#3 ·
I'm not totally pleased with the MBRP. Mine came without an arrester and is slightly annoying on the loud side. Also the intermediate pipe is extremely hot without any shielding. I talked to Diamond G and their pipe is ready only awaiting Forest Service approval. (supposedly any day). They say quietier than the MBRP with low throaty tone and designed from ground up for the Rincon. The price is a whopper though......Said about $400 plus. Still I think I will wait and get that one.

#5 ·
Sxflyer, I have been considering getting a MBRP pipe. Seems like previous posts mentioned using the heat shield off the stock pipe. Would that work? Also is a spark arrester available and you did not get one or are they not even available?

#6 ·
I can't get Shade Tree to respond on the spark arrester. However, they did answer when I emailed to cancel my order which was on backorder forever. Typical! But I was impressed with Diamond G taking the time to explain in detail their pipe and the construction & performance features. I think I'm gonna go with that one for my other Rincon. Guess I'll be able to make a good comparison with the MBRP. That will be the only difference between the two. The MBRP and stock intermediate pipes are different shapes and different diameters, so it won't fit. I was going to use a heat wrap from Highlifter but they are not worth wasting any more of my time. I will probably still use a heat wrap ordered from someone else. The muffler itself is shielded by the Rincon's shielding that is glued to the plastic.

#7 ·
I also am waiting to see what the Diamond G pipe is like but I wouldn't hold my breath. We're dealing with the government here for the spark arrestor. Could take a long time. HMF advertised they were waiting for approval for over a year, never did get approved. Either they were full of BS or it takes forever to get approved.

#8 ·
I received a call from Supertrapp and was told mine should arrive around the first of March. I have not heard one.

#11 ·
I was able to use the stock heat shield. I had to cut the pipe cover where it meets the tailpipe shield and buy different clamps to hold it on. It does generate more heat after rejetting with this pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.